Swami Vivekananda Scholarship: Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM), also known as Vikas Bhawan Scholarship, is a merit-based scholarship for meritorious and economically backward students of West Bengal at the higher secondary level, graduation level, postgraduate level and above Co-means based scholarship scheme. Revamped in 2016, Swami Vivekananda Scholarship now comes with significantly increased seats and rewards. Administered by the Government of West Bengal, the sanctioned amount of the scholarship has been increased from Rs 45 crore to Rs 2,000 crore from this year.
Applications are invited from Minority students for scholarships for the current year under “ SWAMI VIVEKANANDA MERIT CUM MEANS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME FOR MINORITIES” for financial assistance to the meritorious students of West Bengal, pursuing higher studies. The Minority students of Post Madhyamik levels and onwards in regular courses including Polytechnic courses, who are residents in West Bengal and studying in educational institutions of this state after passing out in the Current year from the State Board/Council of Secondary/Higher Secondary and Madrasah Education and State University may apply for this scholarship ( SVMCM for Minorities)
स्वामी विवेकानंद छात्रवृत्ति (एसवीएमसीएम), जिसे विकास भवन छात्रवृत्ति के रूप में भी जाना जाता है, उच्च माध्यमिक स्तर, स्नातक स्तर, स्नातकोत्तर स्तर और सह-साधन आधारित छात्रवृत्ति योजना के ऊपर पश्चिम बंगाल के मेधावी और आर्थिक रूप से पिछड़े छात्रों के लिए एक योग्यता आधारित छात्रवृत्ति है। वर्ष 2016 में नया रूप दिया गया, स्वामी विवेकानंद छात्रवृत्ति अब उल्लेखनीय रूप से बढ़ी हुई सीटों और बढ़े हुए पुरस्कारों के साथ आती है। पश्चिम बंगाल सरकार द्वारा प्रशासित छात्रवृत्ति की स्वीकृत राशि को इस वर्ष से 45 करोड़ रुपये से बढ़ाकर 2,000 करोड़ रुपये कर दिया गया है।
पश्चिम बंगाल के मेधावी छात्रों को उच्च शिक्षा प्राप्त करने के लिए वित्तीय सहायता प्रदान करने के लिए “स्वामी विवेकानंद मेरिट कम मीन्स स्कॉलरशिप स्कीम फॉर माइनॉरिटीज” के तहत चालू वर्ष के लिए अल्पसंख्यक छात्रों से छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन आमंत्रित किए जाते हैं। माध्यमिक/उच्च माध्यमिक और मदरसा परिषद के राज्य बोर्ड/परिषद से वर्तमान वर्ष में पास आउट होने के बाद पश्चिम बंगाल के निवासी और इस राज्य के शैक्षणिक संस्थानों में अध्ययन करने वाले पॉलिटेक्निक पाठ्यक्रमों सहित नियमित पाठ्यक्रमों में पोस्ट माध्यमिक स्तर और उसके बाद के अल्पसंख्यक छात्र इस छात्रवृत्ति के लिए शिक्षा और राज्य विश्वविद्यालय आवेदन कर सकते हैं (अल्पसंख्यकों के लिए SVMCM)
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – What is it?
Announced with a view to assisting the meritorious students of the state of West Bengal, who belong to the economically backward sections of the society, Swami Vivekananda Scholarship students of class 11th, 12th, graduation level, postgraduate level, doctoral level and Kanyashree recipients benefit too. And functional under the Government of West Bengal, this scholarship is an initiative to encourage studies in UG/PG/M.Phil. / doctoral level within the state.
(SVMCM) Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Key Dates to Remember
|Online application 2022 starting date (Fresh) (Only Class 11)||17 August 2022|
|Online application 2021 closing date (Fresh)||To be notified|
|Fresh Online application opening date (For minority community students)||20 June 2022|
|Renewal Online application closing date (For minority community students)||30 June 2022|
|Online application 2022 opening date (Renewal) (Only Class 12)||17 August 2022|
|Fresh Kanyashree (K3) Application||To be announced|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Eligibility Criteria
What are the essential conditions that are required to be followed to be eligible for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship? Common eligibility criteria for applying for this scholarship include –
- Must be a resident of West Bengal.
- Must be pursuing post-secondary level and above in an educational institution in West Bengal after passing out from a State Board, Secondary/ Higher Secondary Council, Madrasa Education or a State University.
- Institutions should also be located in West Bengal.
- The family income of one’s family should not exceed INR 2.5 Lakh.
Note: Another variant of this scholarship is also open to students from minority communities including Buddhists, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Sikhs and Parsis.
Apart from these, there are also some course-specific eligibility criteria that need to be followed. Get complete information about them in the table below.
Swami Vivekanand Scholarship – Specific Eligibility
|The current course of study||Specific eligibility||Percentage of marks obtained in the last exam|
|For Higher Secondary Level of studies (Class 11th or its equivalent)||Candidates must have passed Madhyamik Pariksha or an equivalent examination||75% in aggregate|
|For Diploma (Polytechnic) Level||Candidates must have passed out Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent examination for first-year diploma courses.|
Candidates must have passed out higher secondary examination or equivalent for a 2-year diploma in –
Modern Office Practice and Management
3-D Animation & Graphics
|75% in aggregate|
|For Undergraduate courses||Candidates must have qualified for a higher secondary examination or equivalent.||75% in aggregate (Best of five)|
|For Postgraduate courses||Honours subjects at graduation level (general education)|
Honours in Engineering subjects at the graduation level
|For Kanyashree applicants (K-3 component)||Students must be in receipt of a valid sanctioned K-2 ID|
Students must be pursuing a PG course in Arts, Science and Commerce
Students must have passed graduation
|45% in aggregate|
|For M.Phil./ Non-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow||The students enrolled for a PhD or M.Phil. programme at a state-aided institution can apply.||Not Applicable|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – How to Apply?
Applications for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship are accepted online through the homepage of its official website – https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/. So depending on the category for which the application is being made, their respective hyperlink can be applied. And however, for students from minority communities, applications are accepted through the official website of West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation. Then one must keep in mind the fact that no hard copy of the applications is acceptable under this scheme.
- Register for the Scholarship
- To register as a new user, one has to visit the official website and click on the respective category for which one wants to apply.
- Signing in to the account
- Once registered, one can log in to the account through the registered User ID and Password.
- Filling in the required details
- Once the candidates have logged in to their accounts, they can access the scholarship application form. Fill in all the fields marked as mandatory.
- Uploading Supporting Documents
- All the documents required in support of the online application need to be updated. One has to upload the correct documents in the specified format and size.
- Final submission of application form
- Once the candidates have updated the institute verification form duly attested by the head of the institute, they can finally submit the online application form. Their condition will be considered complete only if they have uploaded the duly attested Institute Verification Form.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Important Documents
When candidates apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or Vikas Bhavan Scholarship, they should support their application with some mandatory documents, without which their application may get rejected. The list of important documents that they have to upload along with their online application includes –
- Passed front and back sections of their mark sheet for the previous exam
- Admit card of Secondary or equivalent examination
- Income certificate (in the specified format)
- Income Affidavit (in the specified format)
- The first page of their bank passbook clearly mentions their account number and IFSC details
- Aadhar Card / Ration Card / Voter ID Card
- Recent photographs with sizes more than 10 -50 KB
- Institute Verification Form (in prescribed format) duly attested by HOI (Head of Institute) (Note: Students can obtain Institute Verification Form online from the portal after submitting of online application. Get it attested by HOI and finally uploaded on the portal)
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Selection Process
As the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, academic merit and financial need are taken into consideration for the selection process. Scholars are selected through the following stages –
- The applications made online under various categories are initially arranged in descending order on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and income criteria.
- Once the merit list is prepared, the scholarship is disbursed to the students in their respective accounts, subject to the availability of all documents.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Awards and Benefits
The amount of award one gets under the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme mainly depends on the course or level of study that he/she is currently pursuing. Generally, this scholarship amount can vary from INR 1,000 per month to INR 5,000 per month. How many scholarships will a candidate get? Get detailed information about the rewards and benefits offered under this scheme in the table below. It contains the course-wise details of the scholarship amount that the student will receive.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Course-wise Awards
|Category||Course/Level of Study||Scholarship amount|
|Directorate of School Education (DSE)||Higher Secondary||INR 1,000 per month|
|Directorate of Madrasah Education (DME)||High Madrasah||INR 1,000 per month|
|Directorate of Public Instruction (DPI) (For General degree courses)||Undergraduate in Arts, Commerce |
Undergraduate in Science
Undergraduate in other professional courses (UGC approved)
Postgraduate in Arts, Commerce
Postgraduate in Science
Postgraduate in other professional courses (UGC approved)
Non-NET M.Phil./Non-NET PhD
INR 1,000 per month
INR 1,500 per month
INR 1,500 per month
INR 2,000 per month
INR 2,500 per month
INR 2,500 per month
|Technical education at college or universities||Undergraduate in Engineering, Postgraduate in Engineering and other professional courses (AICTE approved)||INR 5,000 per month|
|Directorate of Technical Education and Training (DTE &T)||Undergraduate (Polytechnic)||INR 1,500 per month|
|Directorate of Medical Education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/Diploma courses||INR 5,000 per month/INR 1,500 per month respectively|
FAQs on Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
How can the student check the scholarship status?
Students who have applied for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship can check their application status online only after logging into their user dashboard.
How can a student renew the scholarship?
To renew Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, applicants have to follow the same procedure as for fresh applications. They do not need to register on the portal again. Rather, they can log in using their registered email id and password and proceed with the renewal application.