www NSP Portal: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central governments, State Governments and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. It is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. The portal looks after end to end implementation of the scholarship schemes and their disbursement as well. www nsp portal gov in
The National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. It is taken as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2022-23, NSP has helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,800 crores (INR 2875.50 to be precise). The platform boasts more than 127 lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified.
- In Hindi:
- What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP
- Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
- What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
- How to Check NSP Application Status?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- FAQs on www NSP Portal
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2022-23 केंद्र सरकारों, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी और एआईसीटीई जैसी अन्य सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए एक डिजिटल गेटवे है। यह उन छात्रों के लिए वन-स्टॉप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो विभिन्न शैक्षिक योजनाओं और छात्रवृत्ति सेवाओं के लिए आवेदन करने में रुचि रखते हैं। पोर्टल छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन और उनके संवितरण को भी देखता है।
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की 118 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। इसे राष्ट्रीय ई-गवर्नेंस योजना (एनईजीपी) के तहत ‘मिशन मोड प्रोजेक्ट’ के रूप में लिया गया है। शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2022-23 के लिए जारी आंकड़ों के अनुसार, एनएसपी ने सरकार को 2,800 करोड़ रुपये से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में मदद की है (INR 2875.50 सटीक होने के लिए)। मंच में 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदन सत्यापित हैं।
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. So it offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- It, being a single integrated application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- So it serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- Also, it helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure a smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Avoiding duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Offering the students, a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Harmonizing the variety of scholarships and their norms
- Creating a transparent scholars’ database
- Ensuring all scholarships are disbursed to students on time
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022-23 Update, IMEI Tracker Update, DBT Full Form, Touch Typing Test, PMJAY CSC Login Updated, How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number, National Scholarship Scheme 2022 Last Date, Rajkumar Hirani Contact Number.
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
How to Check NSP Application Status?
After applying to the national scholarship portal for a particular scholarship, candidates can check their respective application status’ following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official national scholarship portal.
- When the homepage opens, click on the login link.
- Then enter the application ID and password.
- Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab.
- Then the application status will reflect on the screen.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include:
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), and more
How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
To avail of various scholarships and help students apply for them, one needs to register on NSP. Students must know how to apply through the scholarship portal.
However, before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. So if the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered.
Candidates must follow the below steps to apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal.
Step 1: Searching for the Institute
- Visit the official website of NSP.
- Then click on the ‘Search for Institute‘ button.
- Fill in the required details and get the institution list.
- So if the institution is not registered, the candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
Step 2: Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All fresh users need to visit the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal to register.
- Then click on ‘New Registration’.
- Select the desired option
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Also, go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Then click on ‘Register’.
- A student application ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 3: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the login tab.
- Then enter the application ID and password received on the registered number.
Step 4: Change the Password (Mandatory Step)
- Upon successful login, the applicant will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- Then verify the OTP.
- The applicant will be directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
- Once the password is changed, the student will be directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Then click on ‘Application Form to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details and other necessary details.
- Also, click on ‘Save & Continue.
- Add contact details, and scheme details and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered the correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab.
Note: The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants are advised to be double sure while clicking on final submission as no change of information will be entertained after final submission.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number
FAQs on www NSP Portal
When can a student apply for NSP scholarships?
The application period for each NSP scholarship varies. The applications for centrally funded scholarships generally start in August and continue till November. However, there is no specific timeline for state scholarships. To know about the respective application period, kindly refer to the list of scholarships in the article above.
Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
No, an Aadhaar number is not a mandatory requirement to apply for any NSP scholarship. If the students do not have an Aadhaar number, they can still apply for the scholarships by providing the Aadhaar enrollment id.
Where can the students apply for NSP scholarship renewal?
The students applying for renewal are required to apply through the NSP login page. So they need to visit the home page of NSP and click on the ‘login’ tab. The login pages for fresh and renewal applications differ for each academic year. So, students must be careful to select the renewal tab and log in using their registered application ID and password to proceed with the application renewal process.
Can a student edit the form after final submission?
No. Once the applicant submits the application form, no changes in information will be entertained. So, it is always advisable to properly check the application form before final submission.
नहीं। एक बार जब आवेदक आवेदन पत्र जमा कर देता है, तो जानकारी में किसी भी बदलाव पर विचार नहीं किया जाएगा। इसलिए, अंतिम रूप से जमा करने से पहले आवेदन पत्र को ठीक से जांचना हमेशा उचित होता है। www nsp portal com