CSSS Scholarship: CSSS Scholarship 2023 or Central Sector Scheme Scholarship Registration is going on at National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. The Government of India provides scholarships to meritorious students from low-income families to meet a part of their daily expenses while pursuing higher studies. Also, the scheme is open to college and university students. CSS Scholarship is awarded on the basis of the results of the Senior Secondary Examination. So the eligible candidates can make online registration before the last date of the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship
|Department of Higher Education, MHRD, Govt. of India
|Purpose of the Scholarship
|To provide financial assistance to meritorious students, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies.
|Maximum up to 5 Years
|College/ University Students
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Application Form
The registration process for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is very convenient. For the ease of the students, MHRD has made the CSS Scholarship Application online. Eligible candidates can apply for the scholarship by registering online at the National Scholarship Portal. Candidates can follow the steps given below to register online for CSSS Scholarship:
- Initially, the applicants have to register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal.
- Then enter all the details like name, school name, contact number, email id, etc. to register online. Also, a student application ID and a password are generated on the registered email ID.
- Now, applicants need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and Password. Then On OTP is sent to the registered mobile number using which the candidate has to change his/her password.
- After changing the password, candidates are directed to the applicant’s dashboard page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application Form’ to start the application process.
- Then start filling in all the mandatory fields in the application form like personal details, academic details, contact information, etc.
- After that, candidates have to upload the required documents and certificates in the same prescribed format along with one passport-size photograph.
- Before submitting the application form, candidates must click on the “Preview” button to verify all the details in the application form.
- If all the information in the form is correct, then the candidate should click on the “Submit” button for the final submission of the application form for the CSS Scholarship.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Eligibility Criteria
MHRD will give the benefit of scholarships to only those candidates who fulfill the desired eligibility criteria. So, all the applicants must read the eligibility criteria before applying for the CSSS scholarship award. The following students are eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme 2023
- Applicants who are above the 80th percentile of successful candidates in the relevant stream from a particular board exam in class XII are eligible for the scholarship.
- An applicant must be pursuing a regular course (not correspondence or distance mode)
- Then the family income of a candidate should be less than Rs 8 lakh per annum
- Also, a candidate should not be getting any other scholarship or fee reimbursement of any kind.
- Students pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
Eligible candidates who apply on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) can be selected for the CSS Scholarship.
Online applications will be verified at two levels: (i) by the institution where the student is studying. (ii) by the State Board of Education concerned.
An application that is not verified by the Institute or the concerned State Education Board or both will be treated as “INVALID”.
Also, a merit list will be prepared as per the state-allotted quota from the verified applications.
Candidates must have some supporting documents to fill out the CSSS Scholarship Application Form. These documents have to be uploaded in the format prescribed in the brochure only. The list of documents required for the Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is given below:
- A Bank passbook issued in the name of the applicant for filling in bank details
- Aadhaar Card Number (If Aadhaar is not yet assigned, alternatives like Aadhaar Enrollment ID Slip, Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN, Passport, etc. can be used)
- Income certificate of parents issued by the competent authority
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Disability Certificate, if applicable
- class 12 mark sheet
CSSS Scholarship Merit List 2023
- The merit list will be released by MHRD for the eligible candidates to be awarded the scholarship.
- From the qualified applicants, a merit list is prepared on the basis of gender (50 boys: 50 girls)
- Streamwise (3-Science : 2-Commerce : 1-Humanities)
- 5% horizontal reservation is provided for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) on the basis of the social category (SC-15% / ST-7.5% and OBC-27%), and from the allocated quota of individual State Education Boards.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Allotment
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship is awarded on the basis of results of the Senior Secondary Examination.
- 82000 new scholarships are awarded every year. Out of this 41000 is for boys and 41000 is for girls.
- The total number of scholarships is divided among the state education boards based on the population of the state in the age group of 18-25 years, after segregating the share of CBSE and ICSE based on the number of students passing out from different boards.
- 50% of the scholarship is earmarked for girls.
- The number of scholarships allotted to the State Education Board is distributed among the pass-outs of the Science, Commerce, and Humanities stream in the ratio of 3:2:1.
- In case of a reduction in the number of applications, the scholarship slots can be interchanged.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Renewal Process
- The CSS scholarship is valid for a maximum period of 5 years.
- However, a scholarship under the scheme is renewable on a year-to-year basis up to the post-graduate level in the same stream (except for students pursuing technical courses leading to degrees at the graduate level).
- Although a scholar will be permitted to continue/renew his/her scholarship if he/she changes his/her course of study in class XII (eg Law, Fashion Technology, etc.) to a course not offered by his/her school board.
- Students changing their college/institute of study will be allowed to continue/renew a scholarship subject to the course of study and the institution being recognized.
CSSS Scholarship 2023 Award
|Level of Study
|An annual scholarship amount of INR 10,000 for 1st three years of graduation.
In the case of a 5-year integrated course (professional studies), INR 20,000 per year is given to students during the 4th and 5th years of study.
If the students are pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech, or B. Engg, the scholarship is given up to graduation level.
|An amount of INR 20,000 is provided to students studying at the postgraduation level.
CSSS Scholarship Reservation Policy
The following percentage of seats are reserved in the CSS Scholarship Scheme for candidates belonging to different social categories:
|Percentage of Reservation
|Physically Handicapped/ PWD
FAQs on CSSSS Scholarship
Who is Eligible for CSSS Scholarship?
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is for bright students who belong to economically disadvantaged families. So while applying for this merit-cum-means scholarship, applicants must ensure that they are above the 80th percentile of successful students in the relevant stream in the class 12 board exam.
What is CSSS Scholarship?
The Department of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education has introduced the Central Sector Scheme (CSS) Scholarship Scheme 2023 for College and University students under the CSS (Central Sector Scheme) Scheme for the year 2023. However, all college students are eligible for this scholarship.
How to apply for CSSS in NSP?
Enter all the details like name, school name, contact number, email id, etc. to register online. Also, a student application ID and a password generates on the registered email ID. However, applicants need to log in to NSP using the newly generated ID and Password.
Is CSSS only for private colleges?
Also, only certain colleges and universities require the CSS Profile to considers need-based financial aid. However many are private institutions, and some are public schools.
What is CSSS for scholarship 2022?
This scheme was started by the Department of Higher Education during the 11th Five-Year Plan. Also, every year 82000 scholarships offer through this scheme in which 50% of seats are reserved for girls and 50% of seats are reserved for boys.
Suggested Link:- www.digitalindiagov.in