Central Scholarship: Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students is a centrally funded merit-cum-means scholarship launched by the Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development. Launched with the objective of helping students from economically disadvantaged families financially, the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme provides scholarships to 82,000 undergraduate/postgraduate students every year. This scholarship is given in equal proportion to boys and girls, i.e. out of the total number of scholarships, 41,000 are reserved for boys and another 41,000 are for girl candidates. Selected students receive an annual scholarship amount of up to INR 20,000 to meet their daily expenses while pursuing higher studies.
In Hindi: कॉलेज और विश्वविद्यालय के छात्रों के लिए केंद्रीय क्षेत्र छात्रवृत्ति योजना उच्च शिक्षा विभाग, मानव संसाधन विकास मंत्रालय द्वारा शुरू की गई एक केंद्रीय वित्तपोषित योग्यता-सह-साधन छात्रवृत्ति है। आर्थिक रूप से वंचित परिवारों के छात्रों को आर्थिक रूप से मदद करने के उद्देश्य से शुरू की गई केंद्रीय क्षेत्र छात्रवृत्ति योजना हर साल 82,000 स्नातक/स्नातकोत्तर छात्रों को छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान करती है। यह छात्रवृत्ति लड़कों और लड़कियों को समान अनुपात में दी जाती है, यानी छात्रवृत्ति की कुल संख्या में से 41,000 लड़कों के लिए आरक्षित हैं और अन्य 41,000 लड़कियों के उम्मीदवारों के लिए हैं। चयनित छात्रों को उच्च अध्ययन के दौरान अपने दैनिक खर्चों को पूरा करने के लिए INR 20,000 तक की वार्षिक छात्रवृत्ति राशि प्राप्त होती है।
Central Sector Scholarship – Objective
Awarded to meritorious students, the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students aims to provide monetary assistance to students who come from low-income group families. The funds provided under this scholarship help the candidate to meet the daily expenses incurred while pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate studies in general or professional courses.
Central Sector Scholarship – Award
Central Sector Scholarship offers a total of 82,000 scholarships every year. 50% of the scholarship is earmarked for girl candidates and the remaining 50% is for boy candidates. And all these scholarships are distributed to the state education boards on the basis of the population of 18-25 years age group in the respective state after segregating the share of CBSE and ICSE.
सेंट्रल सेक्टर स्कॉलरशिप हर साल कुल 82,000 स्कॉलरशिप देती है। छात्रवृत्ति का 50% बालिका उम्मीदवारों के लिए निर्धारित है और शेष 50% लड़के उम्मीदवारों के लिए है। और ये सभी स्कॉलरशिप सीबीएसई और आईसीएसई के हिस्से को अलग करके संबंधित राज्य में 18-25 वर्ष आयु वर्ग की जनसंख्या के आधार पर राज्य शिक्षा बोर्डों को वितरित की जाती हैं।
In addition, the scholarship allocated to the State Education Boards is divided in the ratio of 3:2:1 among the pass-outs of Science, Commerce and Arts respectively. All selected students receive the scholarship amount directly in their account through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode. And the details of the awards given under the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme given below.
इसके अलावा, राज्य शिक्षा बोर्डों को आवंटित छात्रवृत्ति को क्रमशः विज्ञान, वाणिज्य और कला के पास-आउट के बीच 3:2:1 के अनुपात में विभाजित किया जाता है। सभी चयनित छात्रों को डायरेक्ट बेनिफिट ट्रांसफर (DBT) मोड के माध्यम से छात्रवृत्ति राशि सीधे उनके खाते में प्राप्त होती है। तथा केन्द्रीय क्षेत्र छात्रवृत्ति योजना के अंतर्गत दिए जाने वाले पुरस्कारों का विवरण नीचे दिया गया है।
Award money from the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme
|Level of Study||Scholarship Amount|
|Graduation||An annual scholarship amount of INR 10,000 for 1st three years of graduation.|
In the case of a 5-year integrated course (professional studies), INR 20,000 per year is given to students during the 4th and 5th years of study.
If the students are pursuing technical courses such as B.Tech., or B.Engg., the scholarship is given up to graduation level.
|Post-graduation||An amount of INR 20,000 is provided to students studying at the postgraduation level.|
Central Sector Scholarship – Key Dates
This merit-cum-means scholarship usually announced every year in the month of July and its deadline falls in the last week of October. Also, the application period varies from year to year and is subject to change at the discretion of the scholarship provider. The last date to apply for the scholarship for the academic session 2022-23 is 30 October 2022.
Central Sector Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is for bright students who belong to economically disadvantaged families. While applying for this merit-cum-means scholarship, applicants must ensure that they are above the 80th percentile of successful students in the relevant stream in the class 12 board exam. Check below for more details about the eligibility criteria required to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be in the top 20th percentile merit list of class 12th results of the respective boards (SEB/CBSE/ICSE).
- Candidates must be pursuing a regular course of Graduation / Post Graduation / Professional study from Colleges / Universities recognized by AICTE, UGC, MCI, DCI or other regulatory bodies.
- Candidates from reserved categories of SC, ST, OBC and PWD will get 15%, 7.5%, 27% and 5% reservations respectively.
- And the annual family income of the candidates should not exceed INR 8 Lakh.
- Applicants must not be availing of any other scholarship benefit.
- And, those students who are pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible for this merit-cum-means scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship – Application Process
To make the application process easy and accessible for applicants, MHRD allows students to fill out the scholarship application form online through the government scholarship portal, National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Follow the steps given below to fill out the Central Sector Scholarship Application Form.
Applicants applying for NSP for the first time need to register with NSP as new users.
- Fill in all the required information and click on ‘Register’ to get registered. A Student Application ID and Password are generated on the registered mobile number.
- Applicants have to log in to NSP using a newly generated ID and Password. An OTP is sent to the registered mobile number using which the candidate has to change his/her password.
- Enter the Application ID and Password
- Once the password is changed, candidates are directed to the applicant’s dashboard page, where applicants need to click on ‘Application Form’ to start the application process.
- Applicants need to provide all the required details like registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme details.
- All necessary documents in support of identity and educational qualification should be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled application form should be saved as a draft so that the applicant can cross-check every detail once again to ensure that they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate has to click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the filled scholarship application form.
Note: These Online Scholarships submitted by the candidates are verified at two levels – one at the Institute level where the candidate is studying and the other at the education board level through which the candidate has passed his/her class 12 examination.
Central Sector Scholarship – Main Document
There are some essential documents that applicants must keep ready at the time of the application process. The list of documents required for the Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University students given below.
- A Bank passbook issued in the name of the applicant for filling in bank details
- Aadhaar Card Number (If Aadhaar is not assigned yet, alternatives like Aadhaar Enrollment ID Slip, Voter ID Card, Driving License, PAN, Passport etc. can be used)
- Income certificate issued by the competent authority
- Caste Certificate, if applicable
- Disability Certificate, if applicable
- Class 12 mark sheet
FAQs on Central Scholarship
How to apply for Central Government Scholarship?
Beneficiaries/applicants have to apply online in the National Scholarship Portal (www.scholarships.gov.in) for fresh/renewal scholarships under the scheme. Fresh/renewal applications sent directly to the Ministry of Education not be accepts.
What is the last date to apply for Central Sector Scholarship?
The National Scholarship Portal’s last date is different according to the scheme. The last date for central schemes was November 15 and 30, 2022. Whereas, the last date for UGC/AICTE is December 31, 2022. The last date for state schemes is December 15, 2022.
Can a student apply for two scholarships?
In case any other scholarship/stipend is awarded, the student may exercise his/her option for any one of the two scholarships/stipends, which is more beneficial to him/her and he/she shall inform about the chosen option through the Head of the Institution. should inform the awarding authority.
Which scholarship given by the Central Government of India?
The “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for College and University Students”. It implemented by the Department of Higher Education in 2008. The objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to meritorious students to meet a part of their day-to-day living. Expenses while pursuing higher studies.
Can a general student get a scholarship?
While many scholarships reward outstanding academic, musical or athletic talent. There are ample scholarship opportunities available to average students from every walk of life.
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand