PMSSS Scholarship: PMSSS Scholarship or Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme was launched by AICTE in the academic year 2011-12 for the meritorious students of the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. The main objective of this scholarship is to provide access to quality education so that students can enhance their knowledge and skills for higher academic or professional levels. PMSSS Scholarship provides 5,000 fresh scholarships every year to students who are pursuing regular General/Professional/Medical degree courses in the prescribed list of colleges given on the AICTE portal.
In Hindi: PMSSS छात्रवृत्ति या प्रधान मंत्री की विशेष छात्रवृत्ति योजना AICTE द्वारा शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2011-12 में केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों जम्मू और कश्मीर और लद्दाख के मेधावी छात्रों के लिए शुरू की गई थी। इस छात्रवृत्ति का मुख्य उद्देश्य गुणवत्तापूर्ण शिक्षा तक पहुंच प्रदान करना है ताकि छात्र उच्च शैक्षणिक या व्यावसायिक स्तरों के लिए अपने ज्ञान और कौशल को बढ़ा सकें। पीएमएसएसएस स्कॉलरशिप उन छात्रों को हर साल 5,000 नई स्कॉलरशिप प्रदान करती है, जो एआईसीटीई पोर्टल पर दी गई कॉलेजों की निर्धारित सूची में नियमित सामान्य/व्यावसायिक/मेडिकल डिग्री कोर्स कर रहे हैं।
PMSSS Scholarship – Key Highlights
|Name of the Scholarship||Prime Minister Special Scholarship Scheme (PMSSS)|
|Provider Detail||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Official Website||AICTE portal|
|Benefits||Upto INR 3 lakhs|
|Number of Available Scholarships||5000|
|Beneficiaries||Students of UTs of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) and Ladakh|
PMSSS Scholarship – Key Eligibility
One of the major eligibility criteria applicable for the PMSSS scholarship is that the student must be a permanent resident of the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir (Jammu and Kashmir) and Ladakh. Apart from this, you must also fulfil the below-listed eligibility criteria to apply for the PMSSS Scholarship.
- Students must have passed the 10+2 examination from the Jammu and Kashmir Board (JKBOSE) or CBSE-affiliated schools located in the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
- Students must have passed the 10+3 Diploma from UT of J&K and Ladakh Polytechnic for direct admission in 2nd year in the prescribed list of colleges against the vacant seats of the previous year.
- The annual income of the family should be less than Rs.8 lakh.
The following students are not eligible for the scholarship –
- Students who do not apply through online registration on the AICTE portal.
- Students who are enrolled in courses offered by The Open University.
- Those who remained absent during the counselling.
- Students joining other than the allotted institute.
- Students who are getting benefits from any other Government/Non-Government scheme.
- Those who have secured admission in the course through management quota.
- Students have joined any other college other than the AICTE portal
- Students who are taking admission through agents or NGOs.
- Those who are pursuing any Diploma / Post Graduate Programme.
PMSSS Scholarship – Step-by-Step Application Process
Students who want to avail of the PMSSS scholarship must follow the steps given below to apply for it-
Student Registration –
- Visit the AICTE JK Scholarship web portal.
- Scroll down the homepage and click on the registration button for the PMSSS scholarship.
- Fill in all the required details and submit the registration form.
- After successful registration, the student will receive an SMS/email on the registered mobile number/email verification.
- Click on the registration link to complete the registration process.
Submission of application by the student –
- Students are required to log in through the official AICTE JK Scholarship web portal.
- Prepare scanned copies of all supporting documents in jpg/png format with a file size not exceeding 2MB.
- Once logged in, read the brochure carefully, tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button.
- Fill in all the required details in the form like personal information, address, educational details, family income etc.
- Upload all supporting documents and take a preview of the application form.
- Provide the details of preferences and complaint centre details.
- Finally, click on “Submit Application” to submit the application form.
Document Verification by Facilitation Center –
- After successfully submitting the application form online, students need to take a printout of the application report and visit the facilitation centre along with all supporting documents in original for document verification.
- Submit the photocopies of all the documents at the Facilitation Center at the time of verification.
- After verification students need to collect a copy of their document verification report.
PMSSS Scholarship – Required Documents
In order to apply for the PMSSS scholarship, students need to attach certain documents in support of their application. Students are advised to keep scanned copies of all supporting documents handy before starting the application process. The list of important documents includes –
- Domicile Certificate of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh
- Family Income Certificate (issued by Tehsildar or equivalent)
- Aadhar card
- class 10th mark sheet
- class 12th mark sheet
- Diploma Certificate (only for lateral entry)
- Valid Disability Certificate (if any)
- Valid caste certificate for SC/ST/SEBC for claiming reservation as per State Govt. Policy
Other attachments (not exceeding 10kb to 50kb in jpg/png)
- Passport size photograph (200 x 230 pixels – preferred)
- Signature (140 x 60 pixels – Preferred)
PMSSS Scholarship – Award Details
The disbursement of the Academic Fee and Maintenance Fees among the students is based on the stream and seats available. The tuition fee will be disbursed directly into the savings account of the students through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode by AICTE and the maintenance fee will be disbursed equally to the students in ten equal instalments. The table given below will provide you with detailed information about the scholarship awards –
|Stream||Number of Seats/Scholarship||Academic Fee||Maintenance Charge|
|General Degree||2,070||Upto INR 30,000||INR 1 lakh*|
|Professional Degree||2,830||Upto INR 1.25 lakh||INR 1 lakh*|
|Medical Degree – MBBS/BDS or equivalent|
|100||Upto INR 3 lakh||INR 1 lakh*|
|Total Number of Scholarships||5000||–||–|
PMSSS Scholarship – Selection Process
Students who want to get benefits under this PMSSS scholarship have to go through the following selection process –
- Application Registration and Submission – To apply for the scholarship the student has to register first. After successful registration, fill in all the required details in the application form and submit it.
- Document Verification and Choice Filling – The applicant is required to get his/her documents verified along with the original documents at the nearest facility centre and uploaded with a stamp on the portal of the facility centre.
- The choice-filling window will be available only for those students who have successfully registered and got their documents verified at the Facilitation Centre.
FAQs on PMSSS Scholarship
Who is eligible for PMSSS?
Students must be permanent residents of the Union Territories of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh. Students who have qualified for national-level examinations such as NEET, JEE, CLAT etc. are also eligible to apply.
PMSSS के लिए कौन पात्र है?
छात्रों को केंद्र शासित प्रदेशों जम्मू और कश्मीर और लद्दाख का स्थायी निवासी होना चाहिए। राष्ट्रीय स्तर की परीक्षाओं जैसे एनईईटी, जेईई, सीएलएटी आदि के लिए अर्हता प्राप्त करने वाले छात्र भी आवेदन करने के पात्र हैं।
How much is the PMSSS scholarship?
Five thousand five hundred (5500) scholarships are being provided every year under this scheme. The scholarship amount was Rs. 2,000/- for boys and Rs. 2,250/- per month for girls and is paid annually.
PMSSS छात्रवृत्ति कितनी है?
इस योजना के तहत प्रतिवर्ष पांच हजार पांच सौ (5500) छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान की जा रही है। छात्रवृत्ति राशि रुपये थी। लड़कों के लिए 2,000/- और रु. लड़कियों के लिए 2,250 / – प्रति माह और सालाना भुगतान किया जाता है।
What is the minimum percentage for PMSSS?
Students must have obtained minimum educational qualification (MEQ) i.e. 60% and above in 10+2 / Diploma / Graduation to apply online. Que 5 – What are the documents required for PMSS? Answer – The following documents are required to be uploaded by the students while applying online
PMSSS के लिए न्यूनतम प्रतिशत क्या है?
छात्रों को ऑनलाइन आवेदन करने के लिए न्यूनतम शैक्षिक योग्यता (MEQ) यानी 10+2 / डिप्लोमा / स्नातक में 60% और उससे अधिक प्राप्त होना चाहिए। Que 5 – PMSS के लिए आवश्यक दस्तावेज कौन से हैं? उत्तर – ऑनलाइन आवेदन करते समय छात्रों को निम्नलिखित दस्तावेज अपलोड करने होंगे
Is PMSSS merit-based?
The PMSSS result is based on the merit list of the students. Only those students whose names appear on the merit list are eligible for the seat allotment process
क्या PMSSS योग्यता आधारित है?
PMSSS परिणाम छात्रों की मेरिट सूची पर आधारित है। केवल वे छात्र जिनके नाम मेरिट सूची में आते हैं, सीट आवंटन प्रक्रिया के लिए पात्र हैं
Is PMSSS free?
Under the PMSS scholarship scheme, students will get financial assistance of up to Rs 1.25 lakh per annum in the form of academic fees along with a maintenance allowance of Rs 1 lakh per annum in 10 equal instalments.
क्या PMSSS मुक्त है?
PMSS छात्रवृत्ति योजना के तहत, छात्रों को 10 समान किस्तों में प्रति वर्ष 1 लाख रुपये के रखरखाव भत्ते के साथ शैक्षणिक शुल्क के रूप में प्रति वर्ष 1.25 लाख रुपये तक की वित्तीय सहायता मिलेगी।
Suggested Link:- Our Jharkhand