Inlaks Scholarship: The Inlaks Scholarship, provided by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation, provides financial assistance to deserving candidates to pursue courses in any field at top American, European and UK institutions such as Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and provides assistance. African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencePo, Paris. The objective of the Inlaks Scholarship is to encourage young talents to broaden their vision and improve their skills so as to bring about substantial change in the future. Under this scholarship scheme, selected candidates receive funding of up to US$ 100,000 to pursue educational programs abroad. Generally, the scholarship is awarded during the months of May or June for the candidates to start their studies in September/October. For eligibility, interested candidates must be Indian citizens and must be a graduate of a recognized university.
इनलक्स शिवदासानी फाउंडेशन द्वारा प्रदान की जाने वाली इनलक्स स्कॉलरशिप, योग्य उम्मीदवारों को शीर्ष अमेरिकी, यूरोपीय और यूके संस्थानों जैसे इंपीरियल कॉलेज, लंदन, रॉयल कॉलेज ऑफ आर्ट (आरसीए), लंदन, स्कूल ऑफ में किसी भी क्षेत्र में पाठ्यक्रम करने के लिए वित्तीय सहायता प्रदान करती है। ओरिएंटल और सहायता प्रदान करता है। अफ्रीकी अध्ययन (एसओएएस), लंदन, कैम्ब्रिज ट्रस्ट, कैम्ब्रिज और साइंसपो, पेरिस। इनलैक्स स्कॉलरशिप का उद्देश्य युवा प्रतिभाओं को उनकी दृष्टि को व्यापक बनाने और उनके कौशल में सुधार करने के लिए प्रोत्साहित करना है ताकि भविष्य में पर्याप्त बदलाव लाया जा सके।
इस छात्रवृत्ति योजना के तहत, चयनित उम्मीदवारों को विदेश में शैक्षिक कार्यक्रमों को आगे बढ़ाने के लिए US$ 100,000 तक की धनराशि प्राप्त होती है। आम तौर पर, छात्रों को सितंबर/अक्टूबर में अपनी पढ़ाई शुरू करने के लिए मई या जून के महीनों के दौरान छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान की जाती है। पात्रता के लिए, इच्छुक उम्मीदवारों को भारतीय नागरिक होना चाहिए और किसी मान्यता प्राप्त विश्वविद्यालय से स्नातक होना चाहिए।
Established in the year 1976 by Shri Indu Shivdasani, Inlaks Foundation is a pioneering philanthropic organization with an aim to nurture young talent. There are two types of scholarships available under Inlux Scholarship, for university programs and for specific courses. University Scholarships are offered for admission to programs at top universities in the UK, Europe and the US, covered under the scholarship scheme. Whereas, for specific courses, scholarships are awarded for Master, MPhil and PhD programs in various fields. The maximum amount of scholarship awarded by the Foundation is US $100,000 which covers tuition fees, one-way travel allowance and living expenses. If the requirement exceeds the stipulated amount, the candidate will have to provide evidence to prove that they can cover the additional expenditure. Here is the list of Inlaks Scholarships-
- Inlaks fine arts award
- Fellowship for Indian Classical Music
- InlaksTheater Awards
- Inlaks Research Travel Grant
Apart from the above-mentioned scholarships under INLAX Scholarship, one can also avail of internships, fellowships, grants and awards under Inlaks Ravi Sankaran Program, AAA Artist Grant, Film and Television Awards, Sports Awards, etc.
Inlaks Scholarship- Rewards
Under the Inlaks scholarship scheme, deserving candidates receive financial assistance of up to USD 100,000. Which covers the student’s tuition fee, living allowance and one-way travel cost. However, there are certain conditions that the candidates have to fulfil if they want to avail the benefits of the scholarship. Below are the conditions observed by Inlux Shivdasani Foundation before giving the scholarship amount to the students.
- So if tuition fees and living costs exceed USD 100,000, candidates must present proof that they are able to cover the remaining costs at the time of the interview.
- The scholarship does not cover courses such as Engineering, Computer Science, Business Studies, Medicine, Public Health, Fashion Design, Music and Film Animation. However, the candidates can avail of the scholarship to study engineering and computer science when enrolled at Imperial College, London.
- Furthermore, Indian studies are considered under this scholarship scheme if they have contemporary relevance. Similarly, candidates who have applied for the Western Classical Singing degree may be considered for the Inlaks Scholarship.
Inlaks Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria
One of the most important eligibility conditions of the Inlaks Scholarship is that the candidates. They must be Indian citizens residing in India at the time of applying for this scholarship. Check below some more eligibility conditions that must be fulfilled by the applicants. In order to avail of the Inlaks Scholarship.
- Candidates must have acquired a good graduation degree from a recognized university in India.
- Candidates having bachelor’s degrees from outside India can also apply for this scholarship, provided they have been continuously residing in India and working/ studying for at least 2 years.
- Candidates who have passed their postgraduate degree from a university outside India are not eligible to apply for the Inlux scholarship.
- Applicants must have secured admission in their chosen course in a top institute in the US, UK or Europe. The applications of the candidates whose admission is pending are not considered for the scholarship.
- Also, the age of the candidates should not exceed 30 years in the year of application.
- Candidates who have started their studies abroad are not eligible for the Inlaks scholarship.
- Currently employed young candidates can also apply for the scholarship.
Inlaks Scholarship- Application Process
A candidate who wants to study in top institutes without worrying about funding. Their education can apply online through the official website of Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation. Before this, applicants must keep scanned copies of important documents with them. So that they can be uploaded as and when required. Now, find below the steps involved in filling out the scholarship application form.
- Firstly, candidates have to visit the official Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation website to apply for the scholarship.
- Applicants have to move their cursor on the ‘Opportunities’ tab and click on ‘Scholarship’ displayed under it.
- Now, applicants need to click on ‘How to Apply’ which opens a new page displaying the details of the Inlaks Scholarship.
- To access the scholarship form, candidates need to scroll down and click on ‘Application Form’, which opens the online application page.
- Now, applicants need to fill in all the required fields like Personal Information, University Education, Work Experience, Proposed Program, Reference and Declaration.
- After ensuring that each and every piece of information entered in the application form is correct, applicants can finally submit their scholarship form by clicking on the ‘Submit’ button.
Inlaks Scholarship- Key Documents
Before starting the application process, applicants must ensure that they have scanned copies of all important documents. Check below the list of these key documents to be submitted while filling out the application form.
- Copy of Aadhar Card or Passport (first and last page) as identity proof in JPEG or PDF format
- Updated Resume/CV of the applicant
- Photograph of the applicant in JPEG or PNG format
- Any academic achievements and extra-curricular achievements in PDF format
- Offer letter from the institute/university as proof of admission to the university or course with full details of financial requirements of the institute in PDF format
- Reference letter in pdf format
The candidates who are awarded the Inlaks Scholarship are selected on the basis of merit. An independent Inlaks selection committee analyzes and evaluates applications based on applicants’ academic and extra-curricular achievements. Candidates displaying unusual and special talents are called for an interview by the committee. Given below are some points regarding the selection process.
- The selection is done in two stages – preliminary and final. Candidates who clear the preliminary stage are called for the final round of interviews.
- The interview usually takes place in Delhi or Mumbai in the months of May or June. Hence, candidates should be available for interviews in India.
- Candidates shortlisted for the interview will have to make their own arrangements for travel and accommodation.
Inlaks Scholarship – Terms and Conditions
Apart from the information given above, there are many different rules and regulations. That a candidate must keep in mind if they want to avail the benefits of the Inlaks scholarship. Highlighted below are some of the terms and conditions that applicants need to keep in mind.
- Applicants must submit only one form as submission of more than one application form may lead to disqualification.
- The size of each file to be uploaded in the application form should not exceed 10 MB.
- Applicants who wish to pursue Architecture, Fine and Applied Arts and related disciplines must upload their portfolio in PDF form or submit an online/website link to the portfolio. In the case of Film, Dance, Acting and Music (Western Classics) as the field of study, the applicant can upload through a link.
- Applicants should note that candidates whose proposed course of study/specific project requires them to travel to India during the tenure are not considered for the award of the scholarship.
- In addition, Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation runs joint scholarship schemes with Imperial College, London, Royal College of Art (RCA), London, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), London, Cambridge Trust, Cambridge and SciencePo, Paris. Therefore, candidates seeking admission to these institutions are not required to provide proof of covering their full tuition fee.
Suggested Link:- My Business Mart