Joseph Mundassery Scholarship 2023–24: For underprivileged students, the Department of Minority Welfare’s Joseph Mundassery Scholarship is a fantastic opportunity to pursue higher education. If you are having trouble making ends meet, a scholarship can give you the motivation you need to go after your ideal degree. Assisting exceptional students in realising their aspirations is the ultimate purpose of this scholarship.
The Minority Welfare Department of the Keralan government established the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship, which offers financially assisted postsecondary education to members of economically disadvantaged minorities residing in Kerala. The scholarship offers support to deserving students from minority groups, including Christian, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh, Muslim, and Parsi communities, who are pursuing education at the SSLC, 10+2, and Vocational Higher Secondary Education (VHSE) levels. Candidates who meet the requirements for this scholarship can receive financial aid of up to Rs 15,000 per year, depending on their degree of education.
Also Read:- Sitaram Jindal Scholarship
The primary goal of the Joseph Mundassery Scholarship programme is to give financially disadvantaged students financial support. For all students who wish to pursue higher education but are having financial difficulties, this programme is a fantastic opportunity. The Kerala government offers financial aid to all students pursuing the SSLC, Plus 2, and VHSE levels. The Joseph Mundassery scholarship will contribute to lowering the minority dropout rate while also raising Kerala’s educational attainment rate. Students who wish to participate in this programme can do so by completing the application on the official website.
Minority students in Kerala state are eligible to apply for the scholarship. To apply for a scholarship, they must ensure that they meet all the requirements. The following are the requirements to be eligible for this scholarship:
- The Joseph Mundassery scholarship is open to applicants who are Kerala permanent residents.
- They ought to have a nationalised bank account in their name.
- The candidates ought to be members of underrepresented groups, including Parsis, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jainites, and Muslims.
- The Joseph Mundassery scholarship will be available to students from Below Poverty Line (BPL) families in 2023.
- They ought to be enrolled in classes at government-run or government-funded universities.
- A family’s total annual income from all sources should not be more than INR 8,00,000.
Also Read:- Snehapoorvam Scholarship
Benefits and Advantages
The state government provides variable financial assistance to students depending on their level of education. The benefits of this scholarship are as follows:
- Students in SSLC who earn A+ grades in every subject are eligible for a 10,000 Indian rupee scholarship.
- Students at the UG level who receive an academic scholarship worth INR 15,000 if they score 80% or higher.
- PG students who receive a scholarship worth INR 15,000 and above in their academic standing are eligible.
Candidates must submit the Joseph Mundassery scholarship application form along with any required supporting documentation. The following are the crucial files needed for the application:
- scanned copy of the NPR or Aadhar cards
- Copy of SSLC/Class 12/VHSE mark sheet
- Copy of allotment memo
- The income certificate of the parent or guardian of the applicant
- A duplicate of the bank passbook’s first page
- Certificate of residence or domicile
- a copy of the minority or community certificate
- A duplicate birth certificate
- A recent passport-size photo
- The registration form printed out with the photo attached
- A duplicate of the ration card
- BPL card, if relevant
Note: The head of the institution or another designated individual should verify the documents that applicants are required to submit. The DMW should receive the online-confirmed and approved applications prior to the deadline.
Also Read:- Ishan Uday Scholarship
- The selection of the students will be based on the eligibility requirements.
- For a student to be considered for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship, they must be from Kerala.
- Only Kerala’s minority population is eligible to apply for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship.
- To be considered for selection, the student must complete the application form by the deadline.
- Students are required to accurately fill out the application.
How to Apply?
The deadline for eligible candidates to submit applications for this scholarship is fast approaching. They can get the application form from Minority Welfare Portal; The application process is offline. Following is the online application process for this scholarship:
- Go to the online portal for Minority Welfare Scholarships.
- After that, select the ‘Prof. Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Award (PJMS)’ hyperlink.
- Fill out the necessary bank, educational, and personal information when registering on the portal.
- The candidates will receive the login credentials for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship after registering.
- Make a password next to finish the login process.
- Once you have agreed to the declaration’s terms and conditions, submit the Joseph Mudassery scholarship application.
- To log into the portal, click the “Candidate Login” button.
- Print the completed form after uploading the required documents, your signature, and the photo.
- Lastly, sign the application and send it to the Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhavan, Thiruvananthapuram-695033, along with all supporting documentation.
How to Check Selection List?
The following is the sequential procedure to view the SSLC and HSC/VHSE selection list for the Joseph Mundassery scholarship:
- Go to the online portal for Minority Welfare Scholarships.
- After that, select the ‘Prof. Joseph Mundasseri Scholarship Award (PJMS)’ hyperlink.
- On the Joseph Mundassery scholarship page, click the link for the HSC/VHSE Selection List or the SSLC Selection List.
- Enter the information after that, including the name of the college or institution, state, district, and kind of scholarship.
- Finally, the Joseph Mundassery scholarship list is accessible to applicants via the official website.
If candidates have any questions about the Joseph Mundassery scholarship, they can get in touch with the relevant department. The following are the contact details:
Address: Supervisor, Directorate of Minority Welfare, 4th Floor, Vikas Bhawan, Thiruvananthapuram- 695033. Email address: email@example.com Helpline numbers: 0471-2300524, 0471-2302090
Q.) What is the Professor Joseph Mundassery Scholarship Abbreviation?
Ans: PJMS Scholarship
Q.) Is It Possible to Monitor the Status of Registrants?
Ans: Yes, you can follow it using the internet portal maintained by Joseph Mundassery. This is how it works:
- Visit the Department of Minority Welfare’s official website first.
- Find and pick the “Registered Students Status” menu item.
- A new tab will now appear on your screen.
- Select the programme you want and any other relevant information. then select “Submit.”
- The status is now visible on your screen.
Q.) What are the dates to apply for Joseph Mundassery Scholarship?
Ans: Applications for this scholarship programme will be accepted starting on December 7, 2023. The deadline for submissions is December 27, 2023.
Suggested Link:- Senior Citizen Savings Scheme