Labour Card Scholarship 2024: The Labour Card Scholarship is a government scholarship scheme that provides financial assistance to the children of laborers to pursue higher education.While students from all social classes are eligible to apply, those from economically disadvantaged groups are the primary focus of the scholarship.
The Government of India’s Ministry of Labour and Employment is the provider of the Labour Card Scholarship. Merit-cum-means is the system used to award the scholarship. Candidates for the scholarship must be students whose family income falls below a predetermined threshold and who have earned at least 60% in their previous class.
Through the Labour Card Scholarship, students from disadvantaged backgrounds have an incredible opportunity to pursue their dreams of attending college. Recipients of scholarships might be able to cover their tuition, books, and other educational expenses.
List of Scholarship Schemes
Under the labour card scholarship programme, the following kinds of incentives are available:
- Scheme for Awarding Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Beedi Workers.
- Plan for Giving Children of Workers in Iron Ore, Manganese Ore, and Chrome Ore Mines (IOMC) Financial Aid for Education (Scholarships).
- Scheme for Awarding Financial Assistance for Education (Scholarship) to the Children of Limestone and Dolomite Mine (LSDM) Workers.
- Plan to Provide Educational Scholarships and Other Financial Aid to Children of Cine Workers.
Benefits of the Labour Card Scholarship
The Labour Card Scholarship provides students with several advantages, such as:
- financial support to pay for books, tuition, and other educational expenses.
- drive to seek a higher education.
- higher standard of living.
- better prospects for employment in the future.
Labour Card Scholarship Incentives Available
The following benefits will be available to the authorities if they apply for this scholarship:
|First to 4th grade
|Fifth to 8th class
|11th and 12th grades
- Parents must work as Beedi, Iron ORE, Manganese & Chrome ORE Mines, Limestone & Dolomite Mines, or as Cinema Workers with a minimum of six months of experience. This also applies to home-based contract or Gharkhata workers.
- The Beedi workers’ family’s total monthly income from all sources should not be more than INR 10,000.
- The mine worker’s family’s total monthly income from all sources should not be more than INR 10,000.
- Mine employees who perform manual labour, unskilled labour, highly skilled labour, or clerical work are qualified to use all programme amenities.
- The family of a cine worker’s total monthly income from all sources should not be more than INR 8,000.
- The student needs to have passed the previous qualifying exam on their first try. On the other hand, those who are advanced to the following class may also apply for the scholarship.
- Scholars who are studying by correspondence are not qualified.
- Applicants for the scholarship should have enrolled in regular courses at accredited Indian institutions of higher learning.
The following categories of students are not eligible for scholarships under this scheme:
- Students pursuing the same educational stage in a different subject after passing a previous one, such as a B.SC. after a B.COM. after a B.A. or an M.A. in one subject after an M.A. in another,.
- After earning a B.T. or B.ED., students who have finished their education in one professional field may choose to pursue further education in another, such as L.L.B.
- The government must have approved the educational establishment.
- Scholarships or stipends from other sources will not be awarded to students.
The scholarship sanctioned is liable to be cancelled on the following occasions:
- Should it be discovered that the scholar received a scholarship by making a false claim?
- Should the student decide to stop studying?
- If the scholars alter the course of study for which the scholarship was initially awarded or the study location without the welfare commissioner’s prior consent,
- Should the recipient of the scholarship fail to make adequate progress in their studies, exhibit irregular attendance, or engage in miscounting during the academic year for which the scholarship was awarded,
- Any joint accounts they may have should list the scholar’s first name. The scholar should use a different bank account.
- The same worker’s children should each provide a separate bank account.
- Every student must provide a unique mobile number.
Also Read: Joseph Mundassery Scholarship
In order to apply for this scholarship, the candidate must submit the following documentation:
- Copy of the identity card of the worker (Form B Register Number in case of mineworkers).
- Copy the front page of the bank book or cancelled Cheque (which should contain details of the account holder or beneficiary).
- Passing Certificate or Mark Sheet of previous Academic Year
- Income Certificate issued by the Revenue Authority
Application Process for Labour Card Scholarship 2024
- For registration, First of all, you have to go to the Official Website of the labour card Scholarship 2024
- Your screen will open to the home page.
- Select the “New Registration” option.
- Your screen will open with the instructions.
- Put a checkmark next to the statement.
- Select “Continue” from the menu.
- Fill out all the information.
- Enter your name, birthdate, gender, email address, bank account information, and mobile number.
- Put the captcha code in.
- Select “Register” from the menu.
- You now need to enter your login information to log in.
- Select the “Application Form” option.
- The application form will show up on the screen.
- Add information such as the student’s name, date of birth, community or category, father’s name, Aadhaar card number, mobile number, scholarship category, gender, religion, mother’s name, annual family income, email address, etc.
- Select “Save & Continue.”
- Put the files online.
- Select “Final Submission.”
- The application will be submitted successfully.
- You must first visit the Labour Card Scholarship official website in order to log in.
- Your screen will display the home page.
- Locate and select the Applicant Corner option.
- Click the New Application link in the Login Corner.
- Your screen will display a new page.
- Now sign in with your credentials.
- Enter your details now.
- Select the “Save & Continue” option.
- Put your documents online
- Click the “Final Submission” option now.
- The application will be submitted successfully.
Check the application status
You must adhere to the easy steps listed below in order to check the status of your application:
- The candidates must first click on this link to go to the National Scholarship Portal’s official website.
- You’ll see the home page when your screen opens.
- Select the “Login” option by clicking.
- A fresh page will open on your screen.
- You must choose your year using the drop-down menu.
- On your screen, a new page will open.
- Enter your password and application ID here.
- Select “Submit” from the menu.
- Your screen will open to the application status.
Please contact Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 0120 6619540 with any technical questions. Helpdesk is available from 8 AM to 8 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
Labour Card Scholarship 2024 FAQs
Q.) What does the 2024 Labour Card Scholarship entail?
Ans: The Labour Card Scholarship 2023 is a scholarship programme that offers students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds financial support to finish their education.
Q.) Which Labour Card Scholarship categories are there in 2024?
Ans: Under this programme, there are approximately two scholarships available: Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers (Post-Matric) and Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers (Pre-Matric).
Q.) What are the application procedures for the 2024 Labour Card Scholarship?
Ans: Those interested in applying for this programme should go to https://scholarships.gov.in/.
Suggested Link: NEBSIT