National Scholarship Portal Home: The Government of India provides scholarships to all those students who are not able to finance their education. For this purpose, the government has launched a National Scholarship Portal. Through this article, we are going to tell you all the important information regarding the National scholarship portal like what is the National Scholarship Portal? its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, application procedure, etc. So if you are interested to grab every single detail regarding the National scholarship portal then you are requested to read this article very carefully till the end.
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल होम: भारत सरकार उन सभी छात्रों को छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान करती है जो अपनी शिक्षा का वित्तपोषण करने में सक्षम नहीं हैं। इस उद्देश्य के लिए, सरकार ने एक राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल शुरू किया है। इस लेख के माध्यम से हम आपको नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल के बारे में सभी महत्वपूर्ण जानकारी बताने जा रहे हैं जैसे कि नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल क्या है? इसका उद्देश्य, लाभ, सुविधाएँ, पात्रता मानदंड, आवेदन प्रक्रिया, आदि। इसलिए यदि आप राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल के बारे में हर एक विवरण को प्राप्त करने के इच्छुक हैं तो आपसे अनुरोध है कि इस लेख को अंत तक बहुत ध्यान से पढ़ें।
National Scholarship Portal Home Scheme
Through the National scholarship portal, the students can apply for various scholarship schemes offered by the central and state government. Therefore This portal has been launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information technology, Government of India. Through this portal, the beneficiaries can even check their application status. If you want to get a scholarship offered by the government then you have to apply online on the National Scholarship Portal by following the procedure given by us. Fresh applications are also being accepted from 21st August 2020. The students are now not required to visit government offices in order to apply for scholarships. They just have to go to the official website and apply for a scholarship.
छात्र राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल के माध्यम से केंद्र और राज्य सरकार द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए आवेदन कर सकते हैं। यह पोर्टल इलेक्ट्रॉनिक्स और सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय, भारत सरकार द्वारा लॉन्च किया गया है। इस पोर्टल के माध्यम से लाभार्थी अपने आवेदन की स्थिति भी देख सकते हैं। यदि आप सरकार द्वारा दी जाने वाली छात्रवृत्ति प्राप्त करना चाहते हैं तो आपको हमारे द्वारा दी गई प्रक्रिया का पालन करते हुए राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल पर ऑनलाइन आवेदन करना होगा। 21 अगस्त 2020 से नए आवेदन भी स्वीकार किए जा रहे हैं। छात्रों को अब छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन करने के लिए सरकारी कार्यालयों में जाने की आवश्यकता नहीं है। उन्हें बस आधिकारिक वेबसाइट पर जाना होगा और छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन करना होगा।
Also Read:-Scholarship Portal 2022
National Scholarship Portal Home – About the portal
The NSP portal has been introduced by the Union Government under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The key objective behind introducing this portal was to ensure efficient and timely disbursement of scholarships to the end beneficiaries i.e. students without any leakages. To do so, the portal boasts of a SMART system that is Simplified, Mission-Oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent. The students looking for a scholarship can avail of the following benefits through NSP
- Information of all scholarships on one platform
- The single application window for all scholarships
- Hassle-free scholarship processing
- Increased transparency
How to Apply for Scholarships through the NSP
You can only apply for the NSP if the educational institution you are currently studying in is registered on the portal. So If it is not registered, you can get in touch with your institute to initiate the registration process.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why it was created?
What was the need to create this portal? This is an obvious question to occur in your mind. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensure that the scholarships are being disbursed to students on a timely basis
- Offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Create a transparent scholars’ database
- Avoid duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Harmonize the variety of scholarships and their norms
- To ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
The steps required to apply for NSP are as given below:
- Visit the official website of NSP
- Click on the ‘’New Registration’’ button on the top navigation tab
- Read the guidelines carefully
- Tick on the boxes at the bottom of the page to show you have read and agreed to the guidelines.
- Click on ‘’Continue’’
- Fill in the required details
- Click on ‘’Register’’
- A student application ID and password will be sent to your registered mobile number
Services Provided by NSP
The following services are provided by the NSP:
- Information on all courses and institutes on a pan-India level is available on the platform
- You can check your scholarship eligibility and track the application status on the platform
- Authorities can verify applications online
- The Decision Support System (DSS) enables seamless communication between different ministries and departments
Applying for Scholarships Via Mobile App
To apply for scholarships through NSP through the mobile app, download the app from the Google Play Store. It is also available through the Government of India’s UMANG mobile app. All you have to do is register and apply for the scholarship.
Also Raed:- MOMA Scholarship
The documents required for the NSP application are as given below:
- Educational documents
- Domicile certificate
- If your educational institute is located in a place different from your domicile certificate, you would have to furnish a bonafide student certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Aadhaar number
National scholarship Last Date Extended
To encourage education the government provides scholarships to all eligible students. This scholarship is provided every year. For the year 2021, the last date to apply for a scholarship has been extended by the government. The higher education director of the state has issued a notification to all the schools, colleges, universities. In this notification, he has asked all the educational institutions to ensure that all the eligible students apply for the scholarship before the last date. All the school students for level 1.1 and level 1.2 can apply for scholarships till 31st December. The last date of the first phase verification is 31st January and the last date of 2nd phase verification is 28 February. All the minority students who wish to apply for the scholarship on pre metric, post matriculation, and merit basis will have to apply before 31st December.
Highlights of NSP Portal
- Name of the portal: National Scholarship Portal
- Launched by: Central Government of India
- Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India
- Beneficiaries: Students
- Benefits: Scholarship Benefits
- Mode of application: Online
- Official website: scholarships.gov.in
National Scholarship Portal Home – Details
Are you searching for suitable financial aid to pursue your education? If yes, then the NSP portal is the place for you where you can find a scholarship that fits your academic requirements. It hosts a vast gamut of scholarships to serve the educational needs of students coming from different sections of society. So These scholarships are broadly categorized into Central Schemes, UGC/AICTE Schemes, and State Schemes. This section will acquaint you with all types of scholarships that are listed on NSP.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Disbursement Facts
- As per NSP, the academic year 2020-21 witnessed disbursal of close to INR 2,731 Cr of scholarships as of 01st September 2021. The scholarships are basically divided into three categories – Pre-Matric (Class 1 to 10), Post Matric (Class 11, 12, UG, PG), and Higher Education (UG, PG, Professional and Technical Courses). Besides this, the Department of School Education and Literacy offers another scholarship which is meant for students from Class 9-12.
- The Ministry of Minority Affairs (MoMA) disbursed a total of INR 1905.21 Cr of scholarship funds in the year 2020-21.
- The Department of Higher Education (DHE) which is dedicated to higher education distributed only INR 168.59 Cr.
- Furthermore, the Ministry of Tribal Affairs and Ministry of Social Justice had disbursed scholarships of INR 20.23 Cr and INR 6.33 Cr respectively under their respective schemes meant for ST and SC students pursuing higher education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Contact Details
If you come across any technical problem while applying for any scholarship or registering with the NSP, you can contact its dedicated help desk on phone number 0120-6619540 or through email at email@example.com. Furthermore, the portal also has a separate complaints section for the benefit of users with the help of which you can register your respective complaints online and track their status too.
FAQ’s-Frequently Asked Questions
What is NSP?
The full form of NSP is National Scholarship Portal. It is a dedicated online portal of the Government of India to ensure efficient and timely disbursal of scholarships offered by different departments of central and state governments. So The portal enlists over 100 scholarships for students coming from different sections of society.
What is the last date of the NSP Scholarship 2021?
The last date to apply for any of the scholarships available on NSP for the academic year 2021-22 lies in the month of October and November. The application deadline for centrally-sponsored scholarships (Post-Matric/MCM/Top-Class schemes) has been extended till 20th January 2022. Refer to the official website to know the application deadline for all the scholarships.
What courses are eligible for scholarships?
Scholarships are available for classes 1 through 10, classes 11 and 12, UG and PG, as well as technical and professional courses.
When does the application process start?
For scholarships funded by the central government, applications start in August and end in November. So For state-sponsored scholarships, there is no timeline.
How do I renew my NSP 2020/21 scholarship?
The renewal applications on NSP for the academic year 2020-21 have been started. For renewal, the candidates have to fill in their application ID and password to log in to the dashboard. Therefore After logging in, the applicants can fill out the renewal application.