NSP Updated: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central governments, State Governments and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. So it is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. Also, the portal looks after end to end implementation of the scholarship schemes and their disbursement as well.
The National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. It is taken as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2022-23, NSP has helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,800 crores (INR 2875.50 to be precise). The platform boasts more than 127 lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified. Nsp new update
- In Hindi: NSP Updated
- What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP
- Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
- What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
- How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- FAQs on NSP Updated
In Hindi: NSP Updated
NSP Updated: राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2022-23 केंद्र सरकारों, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी और एआईसीटीई जैसी अन्य सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए एक डिजिटल गेटवे है। यह उन छात्रों के लिए वन-स्टॉप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो विभिन्न शैक्षिक योजनाओं और छात्रवृत्ति सेवाओं के लिए आवेदन करने में रुचि रखते हैं। पोर्टल छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन और उनके संवितरण को भी देखता है। nsp institute profile update
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की 118 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। इसे राष्ट्रीय ई-गवर्नेंस योजना (एनईजीपी) के तहत ‘मिशन मोड प्रोजेक्ट’ के रूप में लिया गया है। शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2022-23 के लिए जारी आंकड़ों के अनुसार, एनएसपी ने सरकार को 2,800 करोड़ रुपये से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में मदद की है (INR 2875.50 सटीक होने के लिए)। मंच में 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदन सत्यापित हैं।
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
- Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- Also, it, being a single integrated application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- So it serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- And it helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
- राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल/ नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल – लाभ
- नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल में सभी स्कॉलरशिप की जानकारी एक जगह में ही मिलती है ।
- किसी भी छात्र को किसी और वेबसाइट में जाने की आवश्यकता नहीं है क्योकि इसमें स्कॉलरशिप से लेके एप्लीकेशन प्रणाली की सारी जानकारी मौजूद है ।
- इस पोर्टल में एक छात्र एक स्कीम के लिए एक ही बार फ़ॉर्म भर सकता है । डुप्लीकेट एप्लीकेशन की सम्भावना बहुत ही कम होती है।
- एनएसपी सभी छात्रों को उपयुक्त स्कॉलरशिप स्कीमों की जानकारी देता है।
- यह सारे मंत्रालयों व् डिपार्टमेंट्स के निर्णय समर्थन प्रणाली का काम करता है और अपडेटेड जानकारी छात्रों को प्रदान करता है।
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure a smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Avoiding duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Offering the students, a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Harmonizing the variety of scholarships and their norms
- Creating a transparent scholars’ database
- Then ensuring all scholarships are disbursed to students on time
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include:
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), and more
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Set up with an objective to coordinate, it determines and maintains the standard of higher education in India. Also, being an authoritative body, it offers recognition to universities across India and provides them with the required funds. Besides this, the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD and is regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body. Also, AICTE has been operating since 1945 and looking after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India.
AICTE also offers several scholarships apart from approving postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories. It also ensures students receive funds on time so that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
Similar to the scholarship schemes from the central government, the state governments also offer scholarships for students who are domiciles of that respective state. Even though many state governments offer funds to students from their own scholarship portal, a few prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal.
Currently, NSP covers state schemes of 15 different states namely Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Chandigarh, UT of The Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, UT of Ladakh, UT of Lakshadweep, Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
To avail of various scholarships and help students apply for them, one needs to register on NSP. Students must know how to apply through the scholarship portal.
However, before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. So if the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered.
Candidates must follow the below steps to apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal.
- Step 1: Searching for the Institute
Visit the official website of NSP.
Click on the ‘Search for Institute‘ button.
Fill in the required details and get the institution list.
If the institution is not registered, the candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
- Step 2: Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
All fresh users need to visit the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal to register.
Then click on ‘New Registration’.
Select the desired option
A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
Guidelines for Registration
Go through the guidelines carefully.
Also click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
Guidelines for Registration – Continue
Fill in all required details.
Then click on ‘Register’.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Register
A student application ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
- Step 3: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
Click on the login tab.
Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
Then enter the application ID and password received on the registered number.
- Step 4: Change the Password (Mandatory Step)
Upon successful login, the applicant will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
Verify the OTP.
Then the applicant will be directed to change the password page.
Change the password and continue.
- Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
Once the password is changed, the student will be directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
Then click on ‘Application Form to start the application.
Fill in all registration details, academic details and other necessary details.
Click on ‘Save & Continue.
Add contact details, and scheme details and upload necessary documents.
Also, click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered the correct information)
Once confirmed, click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022-23 Update, IMEI Tracker Update, DBT Full Form, Touch Typing Test, PMJAY CSC Login Updated, How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number, National Scholarship Scheme 2022 Last Date, Rajkumar Hirani Contact Number.
The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants are advised to be double sure while clicking on final submission as no change of information will be entertained after final submission.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Also, a Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Then candidate’s mobile number
FAQs on NSP Updated
What is an OBC scholarship?
OBC Scholarship 2021-2022: OBC scholarships are awarded to students belonging to the OBC category (Other Backward Class). It is primarily aimed at providing better educational opportunities and financial assistance for economically backward, but meritorious students.
Is NSP for a general category?
They must have passed higher secondary/matriculation from a recognised board. So the students must not hold any other scholarship. Also, general category students pursuing studies at the post-matriculation level can apply. Their annual family income should be less than INR 1 lakh. nsp scholarship update