Sanskrit Scholarship: Government of India is looking for students who are pursuing their studies with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as their main or elective subjects to provide Sanskrit scholarship. The duration of the scholarship varies from 10 months to two years for each class or level. The number of scholarships awarded to students depends on the availability of funds. This scheme has been started for the development of Sanskrit education. Students can submit the online application once the process of filling out the application form starts
Salient Features of Sanskrit Scholarship
- Scheme Name: Sanskrit Scholarship
- Launched By: Government of India
- Managed By: Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Central Sanskrit University)
- launched for students
- Benefits: Monetary
- Mode of Application: Online
- Official site: www.sanskrit.nic.in
The objective of Sanskrit Scholarship
Ministry of Education, Government of India aims behind the Sanskrit Scholarship
- Promotion of Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit education.
- Help students opting for Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as the main or elective subject.
- Then encourage the student to pursue Sanskrit education at a higher academic level.
Duration & Amount Of Sanskrit Scholarship
|Class 9/Purva-Madhyama first year||10 months||INR 500 per month|
|Purva-Madhyama first-year Class 10||10 months||INR 500 per month|
|Class 11/Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||10 months||INR 600 per month|
|Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year Class 12||10 months||INR 600 per month|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-first year||10 months||INR 800 per month|
|Shastri-second year B.A/B.A (Hons)||10 months||INR 800 per month|
|B.A/B.A (Hons)/Shastri-third year||10 months||INR 800 per month|
|Acharya/M.A-first year||10 months||INR 1000 per month|
|Acharya/M.A-second year||10 months||INR 1000 per month|
|Vidyavaridhi/PhD||2 years||INR 2500 per month|
Applicants must have passed the qualifying examination and studied Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit as a main or elective subject in the course/ class they are pursuing.
|Class 9/ Purva-Madhyama first year||Class 8 annual exam with 60% marks|
|Class 10/ Purva-Madhyama first year||Class 9 annual exam with 60% marks|
|B.A/ B.A (Hons)/ Shastri-first year||10+2 board with 60% marks|
|Class 11/ Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||Class 10 board with 60% marks|
|Class 12/ Prak-Shastri second/Uttar Madhyama- second year||Class 11 annual exam with 60% marks|
|B.A/ B.A (Hons)/ Shastri-second year||Shastri/ B.A/ B.A (Hons) first-year exam with 60% marks|
|B.A/ B.A (Hons)/ Shastri-third year||Shastri/ B.A/ B.A (Hons) second-year exam with 60% marks|
|Acharya/ M.A-first year||Graduation with 60% marks|
|Acharya/ M.A-second year||Acharya/ M.A first year with 60% marks|
|Vidyavaridhi/ PhD||M.A in Sanskrit with 60% marks|
Sanskrit Scholarship 2022-23 Application Process
- Applicants should visit the official website of Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan (Central Sanskrit University)
- Sanskrit Scholarship 2022-23 Application Process
- From the home page of the portal, you have to go to the Schemes option
- A notification list will open on the computer screen, select the appropriate link
- Click on the Apply Online link and the form will open on the screen
- Complete the application form by entering information like
- contact number
- email id
- Date of birth
- Category etc.
- Review the application form and select the submit button
- Take a printout of the form for further use.
Note: There is no need to submit a hard copy of the application form. Submit online application only.
Minimum Marks Cut Off
It is mandatory for the students to obtain at least the minimum cut-off marks in the previous or previous year’s examination in order to be selected as eligible beneficiaries. The marks scored by the student in the previous year’s examination will also be taken into consideration while making the selection. Students will need to have secured at least 60% marks in the previous year’s exam.
CSU a Deemed University
As per the UGC norms and regulations, Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, or CSU has been declared a Deemed University by the Ministry of Human Resource Development with the active involvement of the Department of Higher and Secondary Education. This institute also provides higher education to students who want to pursue further studies in the Sanskrit language.
Some of the important documents required to apply online under Sanskrit scholarship are as follows:-
- An Aadhaar card the student is mandatory
- Pan Card
- Income Certificate
- Educational Certificate
- Caste Certificate if the student belongs to SC/ST communities
- Residence certificate issued by the competent authority
- Proof of Bank Account Details
- Latest passport size photograph of the applicant
- PWD Certificate
- working mobile number
- active email address
Formation of the Bharatvani Project
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan has developed and designed the Bharatvani project to distribute and spread knowledge of all the languages spoken in India with the help of text, audio, and multimedia factors like video and images. The project will lay emphasis on making India an open-knowledge society.
List of Regular Courses
Following is the list of regular courses offered at CSU:-
- Prak Shastri
- Teacher of Education
- Vidya Varidhi
- The process of filling out the online application form will start soon.
- The last date for submission of the application will be updated later.
Terms and conditions
Applicants should refer to the terms and conditions applicable to Sanskrit Scholarship
- The applicant must have obtained at least 60% marks (General), 55% (OBC), and 50% (SC/ST/Divine Body) or equivalent grades in the previous academic standard.
- The applicant has to choose Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit as the main or optional subject for further studies
- Applicants will have to reapply for the scholarship. It is not automatically renewable in the next academic year.
- You should not be required to upload any document or send it through post or any other means.
- Students need to open an account in any nationalized bank like State Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, Indian Bank, Canara Bank, and/or Union Bank of India for money transfer.
- The Bank account should be linked with an Aadhaar number
- The scholarship amount will be payable from the 1st of July of every academic year.
- Students who are already getting any other scholarship will not get the benefit of this scheme.
- Students who have accepted any gainful job during the period of the scholarship will not get the benefit of this scheme.
- Students who pursue any other study course which does not have any component of Sanskrit will not get the benefit of this scheme.
- Candidates need to open the official website of the National Scholarship Portal
- When the homepage will open, go to the login option
- Also, after that select the renewal login option with a year of login
- This will open a new login form
- Enter the Application ID and Password
- You also need to enter the captcha code given on the screen
- On clicking log in, the renewal form will open and you will have to enter all the details
- After that click on submit and the form will be renewed.
- After the renewal of the application form, you can apply for a scholarship after checking eligibility for the new academic year. You cannot fill out the scholarship form without renewing the form.
FAQs on Sanskrit Scholarship
How many marks do you need for the Sanskrit scholarship?
D. or equivalent in Sanskrit / Pali / Prakrit. Acharya in Sanskrit/ Pali/ Prakrit with at least 60% marks in aggregate OR M.A. Must pass.
What is the Sanskrit scholarship?
Sanskrit Scholarship is a Government of India initiative managed by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan. This scholarship program is for students of classes 9 to 12 at undergraduate, post-graduation, or Ph.D. level
How to Apply for Central Sanskrit University Scholarship?
Online applications are invited from students for providing merit scholarships in the year 2022-2023 under Sanskrit Promotion Scheme. Notification regarding extension of the last date for submission of online application for scholarship
Is Sanskrit subject easy?
It is one of the easiest languages to learn because of its disciplined grammar and syntax. Every four years, the World Sanskrit Conference is held, as are several smaller conferences devoted to different aspects of the language.
Who is the famous Sanskrit scholar?
Kalidas has been the national poet of India and the brightest star in the sky of Indian poetry for the last two thousand years. He is unanimously acclaimed as the greatest Sanskrit poet.
Is there scope in Sanskrit?
Sanskrit courses not only teach the language but also include a vast wealth of knowledge. After which one can specialize in subjects like Yoga, Vastu Shastra, Poetry, Indian Drama, Vedic Studies, Astrology, and Ayurveda. The scope of research is wide with ample employment opportunities.
Suggested Link:- My Business Mart