Umbrella Scholarship: Umbrella Scholarship is a scheme that helps to provide financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe students of the state of Arunachal Pradesh and helps them to pursue education from class 9 to post-matriculation or post-secondary level. The main objective of this Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme is to help ST community students to get quality and quantity education and to reduce the incidence of dropouts which often happens when students are going from elementary to secondary level. Education. Candidates who fulfill all the eligibility criteria awarded with Umbrella Scholarship.
Eligibility Criteria for Umbrella Scholarship
Umbrella Scholarship is exclusively for students who belong to the ST category. However, along with this, there are other eligibility criteria that need to be fulfilled which are listed below:
- The required candidate must be domiciled in Arunachal Pradesh
- Candidate must belong to the ST category
- Students who are studying in classes 9th and 10th from government/state or central board schools are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship should not avail of any other centrally funded scholarship
- Also, the annual family income of a scholarship applicant who is in their post-matriculation should not exceed INR 2,50,000
- The annual family income of a scholarship applicant who is in pre-matriculation should not exceed INR 2,00,000
- To be eligible for the Post Matric Scholarship, the candidate must have passed Higher Secondary from a recognized University or Institute or from a Board of Secondary Education.
- The candidate must have studied his/her post-matric level of education i.e. class 11 and higher.
Rewards & Benefits
The scholarship includes the fee which is compulsorily payable by the students to the Institute/University or Board such as Enrollment Fee, Tuition, Union, Sports, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination, and other fees.
|Benefits of the scholarship
|Umbrella pre-matric Scholarship
|An allowance of maintenance of rupees 350 per month is given to the hostellers and a number of rupees 150 per month is given to the day scholars allowance of rupees 1000 per annum for book and ad hoc is given to the hustlers and of rupees, 750 per annum is given to day scholars. students with certain disabilities are given an extra allowance of rupees 240 per month.
|Umbrella post matric Scholarship
|Research scholars are given an amount of INR 1600 for thesis typing and printing chargesAn amount of INR 1600 per annum is given to the selected candidates as study tour charges. Also, an annual allowance of INR 1200 is given for essential books for candidates that are pursuing correspondence courses, and reimbursement of the course fees is given an allowance of INR 1200 per month is given to the hostellers, and INR 550 per month is given to day scholars
The application for Umbrella Scholarship can be done online mode. There are some steps that need to be followed while applying, the process of which is given below:
- Candidates who wish to apply for the scholarship have to visit the National Scholarship Portal.
- Also, a tab named “New Registration” will appear on the dashboard.
- After clicking on it, the Registration Guidelines web page will be displayed with all the instructions which candidates have to read carefully, and then select the undertaking checkbox and click on the “Continue” button.
- After which the applicant has to select the state of his/her domicile and enter the scholarship category, type of scholarship scheme, name, gender, date of birth, mobile number, and email ID.
- Applicants also have to provide bank details which include their bank name, IFSC code, account number, etc.
- Thereafter the applicant has to select his/her Aadhaar or Bank Account Number as the identification details and then click on the “Register” button.
- The registered mobile number is verified and then OTP is sent to that number
- The applicant now needs to login to the portal using the OTP sent on his mobile and then fill out the Umbrella Scholarship Application Form
- Also, candidates need to fill the form with utmost care as it cannot be changed later
- Candidates have to submit only one application and if they submit more than one application it will lead to the cancellation of the form
- After successful completion of the application form, an application ID and password are sent to the candidate which is used for future reference
- After filling out the application form for Umbrella Scholarship 2023, candidates must keep an eye on the application form status. On Umbrella Scholarship, you can track the status of the application form.
The following documents need to be uploaded while filling out the umbrella scholarship application:
- Bonafide certificate
- Self-attested certificate of academic mark sheet of the previous year
- Income certificate
- Passport-size photograph of the applicant
- School leaving certificate
- Hostel certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Disability certificate
- The first page of the bank passbook
- Self-attested copy of Aadhar card
- Self-attested caste certificate issued by the concerned authority
- Fee receipt of current course year
Below are the steps for Umbrella Scholarship Renewal:
- Candidates need to open the official website of the National Scholarship Portal
- When the homepage will open, go to the login option
- Also, after that select the renewal login option with a year of login
- This will open a new login form
- Enter the Application ID and Password
- You also need to enter the captcha code given on the screen
- On clicking log in, the renewal form will open and you will have to enter all the details
- After that click on submit and the form will be renewed.
- After the renewal of the application form, you can apply for a scholarship after checking eligibility for the new academic year. You cannot fill out the scholarship form without renewing the form.
Scholarship Accepted List
- Students need to open the official page of the National Scholarship Portal
- The homepage will open, and there you have to go to the registration option
- It will open a new page where they have to click on the Scholarship Approved List option
- Enter all the details like type of scholarship, state, district and other details to be filled in the application form
- Then click on submit option
Umbrella Pre-Matric Scholarship:
- The scholarship amount is awarded to a student for pursuing any class for only one year. If a student repeats the same class in the subsequent year then he/she will not be able to get the scholarship.
- The scholarship will be renewed for class 10 if the student has good results and regular attendance in class IX and passes the class with merit.
- The scholarship amount is disbursed only for 10 months in an academic year
- Then the benefits the scholarship provides can be changed at any time if the government deems it fit.
- If it is found that the candidate has obtained the scholarship unfairly or dishonestly, the scholarship is canceled on the spot and the amount paid is recovered.
- The selected candidate should not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship program. Otherwise, the application will be rejected.
For Umbrella Post Matric Scholarship
- The scholarship is awarded to students to pursue education in India only.
- The benefit or face of the scholarship can be changed at any time if the government deems it right.
- Then the scholarship scheme also includes central assistance to the state or union territory in setting up book banks
- If it is found that the candidate has obtained the scholarship unfairly or dishonestly, the scholarship is canceled on the spot and the amount is recovered. All the candidates are requested to be honest during the entire process. Many candidates display wrong information just to get the scholarship amount. However, you will also have to face the consequences. Also, if any wrong means are found then the scholarship application is rejected.
FAQs on Umbrella Scholarship
What is the amount of the Umbrella Scholarship?
Annual allowance of INR 1200 for essential/prescribed books. Reimbursement of the course fees for candidates pursuing correspondence courses. Also, the scholars receive a maintenance allowance of up to INR 1200 per month for hostellers and INR 550 per month for day scholars.
What is Umbrella Scholarship?
The umbrella scheme consists of six scholarship schemes including pre-matric, post-matric, top-class education, national overseas scholarship, national fellowship, and free coaching, aimed at providing work, education, and provision of public assistance in case of unemployment, old age, and sickness. Hence to do and disability
Who is Eligible for Umbrella Scholarship?
Candidates must have passed Matriculation or Higher Secondary from any recognized University/Institute or Board of Secondary Education and can apply for Post-Matric Umbrella Scholarship. Although, students must be pursuing a post-matriculation level of education (Class 11 or higher)
What do you mean by 100% scholarship?
Yes, a 100% scholarship means free, only you have to pay the exam fee. & 50% percent means half of the fees. For example: “A” is pursuing MBA in a college.
How do I claim the scholarship money?
It depends on the scholarship. The money can go directly to your college, where it will be applied to any tuition, fees, or other amounts you owe, and then any remaining funds awarded to you. However, it can be sent directly to you as a check.
Does the scholarship money expire?
Applying for scholarships is an important, essential part of preparing for college, but it’s important to note what many students don’t ask: Do scholarships expire? Hence the answer is yes, the scholarship can be terminated.