SVMCM Scholarship: (SVMCM) Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, also known as Vikas Bhawan Scholarship, is a merit-based scholarship for meritorious and economically backward students of West Bengal at the higher secondary level, graduation level, postgraduate level and above Co-means based scholarship scheme. Revamped in the year 2016, Swami Vivekananda Scholarship now comes with significantly increased seats and increased rewards. Administered by the Government of West Bengal, the sanctioned amount of the scholarship has increased from Rs 45 crore to Rs 2,000 crore this year.
In Hindi: (SVMCM) स्वामी विवेकानंद छात्रवृत्ति, जिसे विकास भवन छात्रवृत्ति के रूप में भी जाना जाता है, पश्चिम बंगाल के मेधावी और आर्थिक रूप से पिछड़े छात्रों के लिए उच्च माध्यमिक स्तर, स्नातक स्तर, स्नातकोत्तर स्तर और सह-साधन आधारित छात्रवृत्ति योजना के ऊपर एक योग्यता आधारित छात्रवृत्ति है। वर्ष 2016 में नया रूप दिया गया, स्वामी विवेकानंद छात्रवृत्ति अब उल्लेखनीय रूप से बढ़ी हुई सीटों और बढ़े हुए पुरस्कारों के साथ आती है। पश्चिम बंगाल सरकार द्वारा प्रशासित छात्रवृत्ति की स्वीकृत राशि को इस वर्ष से 45 करोड़ रुपये से बढ़ाकर 2,000 करोड़ रुपये कर दिया गया है।
Applications invites from minority students for scholarships for the current year under the “Swami Vivekananda Merit cum Means Scholarship Scheme” to provide financial assistance to meritorious students of West Bengal to pursue higher education. Secondary / Higher Secondary and having passed out in the current year from the State Board / Council of Madrasa Education Council residing in West Bengal and studying in educational institutions of this State in regular courses including Polytechnic courses at Post Secondary level and onwards Minority students and state universities can apply for this scholarship (SVMCM for minorities) subject to other eligibility criteria as mentioned below:-
- Applicants should be domiciled in West Bengal and should be pursuing education in institutions located in West Bengal.
- आवेदकों को पश्चिम बंगाल में अधिवासित होना चाहिए और पश्चिम बंगाल में स्थित संस्थानों में शिक्षा प्राप्त करनी चाहिए
- Applicants should continue their studies in educational institutions of West Bengal after having passed in the current year from West Bengal State Board / Secondary / Higher Secondary Council and Madrasa Education and State University.
- आवेदकों को पश्चिम बंगाल राज्य बोर्ड / माध्यमिक / उच्च माध्यमिक परिषद और मदरसा शिक्षा और राज्य विश्वविद्यालय से चालू वर्ष में उत्तीर्ण होने के बाद पश्चिम बंगाल के शैक्षणिक संस्थानों में अपनी पढ़ाई जारी रखनी चाहिए।
- Students must belong to a minority community (Muslim/Christian/Sikh/Buddhist/Parsi and Jain).
- छात्रों को अल्पसंख्यक समुदाय (मुस्लिम/ईसाई/सिख/बौद्ध/पारसी और जैन) से संबंधित होना चाहिए।
- Annual family income not exceeding Rs. 2.5 Lakh (Certificate to be issued by any Gazetted Officer, not below the rank of Joint BDO).
- वार्षिक पारिवारिक आय रुपये से अधिक नहीं। 2.5 लाख (किसी भी राजपत्रित अधिकारी द्वारा जारी किया जाने वाला प्रमाण पत्र, संयुक्त बीडीओ के पद से नीचे का नहीं)।
Swami Vivekanand Scholarship – Specific Eligibility
|The current course of study||Specific eligibility||Percentage of marks obtained in the last exam||Amount of Scholarship/month|
|For Higher Secondary Level of studies (Class 11th or its equivalent)||Candidates must have passed Madhyamik Pariksha or an equivalent examination||75% in aggregate||1000/-|
|For Diploma (Polytechnic) Level||Candidates must have passed out Madhyamik Pariksha or equivalent examination for first-year diploma courses.|
Candidates must have passed out higher secondary examination or equivalent for a 2-year diploma in –
Modern Office Practice and Management
3-D Animation & Graphics
|75% in aggregate||1500/-|
|For Undergraduate courses||Candidates must have qualified for a higher secondary examination or equivalent.||75% in aggregate|
(Best in Five)
|1000/- to 5000/-|
|For Postgraduate courses||Honours subjects at graduation level (general education)|
Honours in Engineering subjects at the graduation level
|2000/- to 5000/-|
|For Kanyashree applicants (K-3 component)||Students must be in receipt of a valid sanctioned K-2 ID|
Students must be pursuing a PG course in Arts, Science and Commerce
Students must have passed graduation
|45% in aggregate|
|For M.Phil./ Non-NET/NET-LS Research Fellow||The students enrolled for a PhD or M.Phil. programme at a state-aided institution can apply.||Not Applicable|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – How to Apply?
Applications for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship are accepted online through the homepage of its official website – https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/. So depending on the category for which the application is being made, their respective hyperlink can be applied. And, for students from minority communities, applications accept through the official website of West Bengal Minorities Development and Finance Corporation. So, one must keep in mind the fact that no hard copy of the applications is acceptable under this scheme.
Here is the step-by-step guide to applying online for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship –
- Register for Scholarship
- To register as a new user, one has to visit the official website and click on the respective category for which one wants to apply.
- Signing in to the account
- Once registered successfully, one can log in to the account through the registered User ID and Password.
- Filling in the required details
- Once the candidates have logged in to their accounts, they can access the scholarship application form. Then fill in all the fields marked as mandatory.
- Uploading Supporting Documents
- All the documents required in support of the online application need to be updated. One has to upload the correct documents in the specified format and size.
- Final submission of application form
- Once the candidates have updated the institute verification form duly attested by the head of the institute, they can finally submit the online application form. Their form will be considered complete only if they have uploaded the duly attested Institute Verification Form.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Important Documents
When candidates apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or Vikas Bhavan Scholarship, they should support their application with some mandatory documents, without which their application may get rejected. The list of important documents that they have to upload along with their online application includes –
- Passed front and back sections of their mark sheet for the previous exam
- Admit card of Secondary or equivalent examination
- Income certificate (in the specified format)
- Income Affidavit (in the specified format)
- The first page of their bank passbook clearly mentions their account number and IFSC details
- Aadhar Card / Ration Card / Voter ID Card
- Recent photographs with sizes more than 10 -50 KB
- Institute Verification Form (in prescribed format) duly attested by HOI (Head of Institute) (Note: Students can obtain Institute Verification Form online from the portal after submitting of online application. Get it attested by HOI and finally uploaded on the portal).
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Selection Process
As the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scholarship, academic merit and financial need taken into consideration for the selection process. Scholars select through the following stages –
The applications made online under various categories are initially arranged in descending order on the basis of marks obtained in the qualifying examination and income criteria.
Once the merit list is prepared, the scholarship is disbursed to the students in their respective accounts, subject to the availability of all documents.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) – Awards and Benefits
The amount of award one gets under the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme mainly depends on the course or level of study one is currently pursuing. Generally, this scholarship amount can vary from INR 1,000 per month to INR 5,000 per month. It contains the course-wise details of the scholarship amount that the student will receive.
For Renewal Application
Applicant should apply online mode through the website www.wbmdfcscholarship.in using the Login ID and Password used at the time of first application. The original documents below must uploaded and submit within one month from the date of admission to the next higher class on account of qualifying on the first attempt. (In case of semester mode – first semester and second-semester mark sheet for second-year renewal; third semester and fourth-semester mark sheet for the third semester in UG and first semester and second semester for second-year renewal in case of PG Marksheet of all semester exams need to clear in the first attempt).
Renewal cases (applicable only at a particular level of study) will be accepted subject to good academic performance (a minimum of 60% marks must be obtained in the promotion examination from Higher Secondary level to Graduation/Diploma level and 50% marks must be obtained at Post Graduate level).
For Renewal Application
- Eligible students are required to submit their online applications on the web portal “www.wbmdfcscholarship.in”.
- The following documents are to be uploaded while filling out the online application:-
- Marksheet of the final examination.
- Income certificate in the prescribed format.
- The first page of the bank passbook clearly mentions the account number. and IFSC details
- Institution Verification Form duly attested by the Head of the Institution (HOI) in the prescribed format.
After submission of the online application, candidates have to submit the institute verification form from the portal. It has to be certified by HOI and finally uploaded on the portal.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship – Contact Details
Furthermore, if one has any queries or doubts related to Swami Vivekananda Scholarship details, application procedure or any other information, feel free to contact us at –
Higher Education, Science & Technology and Biotechnology Department
Bikash Bhavan, 6th Floor, Salt Lake, Kolkata 700091
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship helpline number – 1800-102-8014 (Toll-Free Number)
Email id – firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Links: National Scholarship Portal