Vidyasiri Scholarship 2023–24: A government-funded program called the Vidyasiri Scholarship was created to support economically disadvantaged and deserving students in Karnataka, India. By reducing the financial burden that often comes with higher education, scholarships play a vital role in enabling students to achieve their educational goals. The goal of this scholarship program is to ensure equal opportunities for education and to empower deserving students.
What is the Vidyasiri Scholarship?
A government programme in Karnataka, India, called the Vidyasiri Scholarship was created to give students from underprivileged backgrounds financial support while they pursue post-matriculation education. The scholarship helps qualifying students receive a high-quality education without financial barriers, fostering academic progress and social empowerment. It pays for tuition, living expenses, and extra allowances.
Also Read: MP Scholarship
List Of Vidyasiri Scholarship
Vidyasiri Scholarship provides funding through several programs for students enrolled in post-matric programs in residential, government-aided, or government-run colleges. The following are the scholarship programs offered by this scholarship:
- PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR Fee Concession: For candidates enrolled in any chosen course, this scheme pays the full cost of the course.
- Post-Matric Fee Concession and Hostel Accommodation: Under this scheme, a fee concession and free hostel accommodation are given to selected post-matriculated students.
- Prathiba Puraskar for SSLC and PUC: Benefits from this scheme are available to students who passed their Class X and PUC board exams with more than 90% of the possible points.
Interested candidates must ensure that they meet the requirements to be eligible for the Vidyasiri Scholarship. Only Karnataka residents who fall under one of the reserved categories are eligible for the scholarship. The following qualifications are required to be eligible for this scholarship:
- Citizenship: Candidates must hold a valid Indian passport.
- Candidates must fall into one of the following categories: SC, ST, BC, OBC, PwD, or minority.
- Qualifications for Education: Applicants must be Class X board exam passers.
- Course Pursuit: Post-matriculatory studies in government-funded, locally-funded, or unfunded institutions connected to Karnataka universities should be their course of study.
The following are extra requirements to be eligible for particular Vidyasiri Scholarship programmes:
1. PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR Fee Concession:
- It should have been more than 75% for the candidates.
- Students who identify as SC/ST must have a family income of no more than INR 2,00,000 annually.
- Students who identify as BC, OBC, or with a disability should not have family incomes that surpass INR 1,00,000 annually.
2. Fresh Hostel Registration:
- Applicant categories should include SC/ST, OBC, BC, PwD, or 1, 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B.
- For students living in rural areas, the distance between their home and the college should be greater than five kilometres.
- An annual income of INR 2,50,000 should be the maximum for the family.
- Prospective applicants in Category 1 should receive a minimum of 40%, while those applying for a renewal should receive a minimum of 50%.
- Applicant renewals should receive at least 60% of the possible points, while new applicants from the 2A, 3A, and 3B categories should receive at least 50%.
3. Prathiba Puraskar Scholarship:
- Those who applied should have passed the PUC or SSLC board exams with a grade of at least 90%.
- A person may only apply for the Prathiba Puraskar scholarship once in their lifetime.
- The annual family income cap for students in Category 1 is INR 1,00,000.
- Candidates in the 2A, 2B, 3A, and 3B categories must earn more than INR 2,50,000 annually for their family from all sources.
These requirements for eligibility guarantee that worthy students from economically disadvantaged groups can apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship and receive the financial assistance it offersBenefits
Recipients of the Vidyasiri Scholarship are entitled to a number of benefits. These benefits are thoughtfully designed to ease the financial limitations that students often face. Following are some of the notable benefits of this scholarship:
- Financial Support: By covering tuition costs, the scholarship offers financial assistance so that students can concentrate on their studies without having to worry about money.
- Support for Study Materials: Students who apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship are given help paying for study materials such as textbooks and notebooks that are necessary for their academic goals.
- Hostel and Mess Fees: The scholarship also pays for hostel and mess fees for qualified students living in dorms, guaranteeing lodging and food.
- Exam Fee Reimbursement: One of the scholarship program’s features is the reimbursement of examination costs, which enables students to take exams without worrying about money.
- Extra Allowances: Students enrolled in professional programmes may be eligible for extra funding for related costs such as gear and hands-on instruction.
Vidyasiri Scholarship aims to provide economically disadvantaged students with the means to pursue their education without any hindrance. The benefits of this scholarship include the following:
1. PMS FAAS, FC, and NUR Vidyasiri Scholarships:
- The government pays the full cost of the course.
2. Vidyasiri Scholarship Hostel Accommodation Scheme:
- The state government pays the course fee and the hostel fee for selected students.
3. Prathiba Puraskar Vidyasiri Scholarship:
- For ten months, eligible candidates get a monthly stipend of INR 1,500.
- Via this scholarship programme, the Karnataka government grants a total of INR 15,000 annually.
The Vidyasiri Scholarship makes sure that worthy students from less fortunate backgrounds can get the money they need to continue their education by offering these rewards. These monetary advantages greatly lessen students’ financial burdens and free them up to concentrate on their academic endeavours.
When applying for the scholarship, candidates should have the required paperwork on hand. It is imperative that the necessary documents for the Vidyasiri scholarship are filled with precise and authentic information. The candidates should self-attest the photocopies of the required documentation and send them to the relevant officer after completing the online application for the ePASS Vidyasiri scholarship. The following are the required documents for the Vidyasiri scholarship:
- Senior Secondary Leaving Certificate (SSLC)
- Transfer certificate (TC)
- Caste certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Income certificate
- Bank details
- Passport-size photos
- Residential certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Fee receipt
Also Read: Moma Scholarship
How do I apply?
Candidates must make sure they fulfil all requirements and submit their applications by the deadline for the Vidyasiri scholarship. The SSP portal is used to submit applications for the Vidyasiri scholarship. The steps involved in the application process are as follows:
1: Go to the SSP scholarship portal to apply for the Vidyasiri scholarship if you’re interested.
2: They need to get the login information and register themselves.
3: The candidates then need to enter their password and login ID (SATS ID).
4: Candidates must complete the Vidyasiri scholarship application.
5: Candidates should print the completed Vidyasiri scholarship application form, attach the required paperwork, self-attest the records, and mail it to the relevant officers after completing and submitting it online.
Note: For a detailed explanation of the application procedure, readers can click on SSP Scholarship.
How Can I Check the Status of My Application?
Following are the steps to check the Vidyasiri Scholarship application status:
- The candidates should visit the official KARePASS website.
- The student service tab, which is accessible at the top of the homepage, should be clicked.
- They then need to choose the application status option from the drop-down menu.
- The candidates must provide information such as their date of birth, SSLC registration number, year of passing, application number, and SSLC pass type.
- After completing the captcha, they ought to press the “get status” button.
The Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department is the contact for questions and assistance regarding the Vidyasiri scholarship, which aims to give financial assistance to backward class students in Karnataka.
|Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
|(560052)Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department No. 16/D, Millers Tank Bed Road, Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore (560052); 3rd Floor, Devraj Urs Bhavan.
|Scholarship Online Phone
|Hostel Online Phone
|Prathibha, IAS/KAS Online Phone
Q.) I want to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship, but may I apply to a private university?
Ans: The Vidyasiri Scholarship is open to students enrolled in both public and private universities, provided that the relevant authorities have approved their course of study.
Q.) Does the Vidyasiri Scholarship have an income requirement?
Ans: Yes, there is an income-based qualifying requirement for the Vidyasiri Scholarship. Depending on the type of scholarship and government rules, the precise income cap may change.
Q.) If I have received another scholarship before, am I still eligible to apply for the Vidyasiri Scholarship?
Ans: The exact terms and circumstances of the scholarship programmes will determine this. While certain scholarships might not allow for multiple benefits, others might have limitations. It is best to review the rules or get in touch with the scholarship administrators if you have any questions.
Q.) In the event that I win the Vidyasiri Scholarship, what will happen?
Ans: If you are selected to receive the Vidyasiri Scholarship, you will be notified through the official channels of contact. It might be necessary for you to fulfil specific requirements and submit extra information prior to getting the scholarship money.
Q.) Is it possible to extend the Vidyasiri Scholarship for a further year?
Ans: Depending on the type of scholarship and rules set by the government, the Vidyasiri Scholarship renewal requirements may change. To learn about the prerequisites and renewal process, it is advisable to review the rules.
Suggested Link: DDA Housing Scheme