CG Scholarship 2023-24: India as a country has a large pool of talented and motivated people, especially in the younger generation. Many times, these people are unable to receive the quality of education they require or deserve. This is often the result of adverse circumstances or lack of financial resources.
In order to assist worthy and excellent students in the state in pursuing and completing their education, the Chhattisgarh government offers a variety of CG scholarship opportunities. The list of all scholarships is provided below, along with information about the providers, awards, qualifications, deadlines, and application procedure.
Types Of CG Scholarships 2023-24
CG Scholarships for the poor and disadvantaged:
SC, ST, and OBC individuals are eligible for these scholarships. As long as their yearly income is less than Rs. 1 lakh. They need to submit the caste certificate, signed by the Tehsildar, in order to apply for the scholarship. To apply for this scholarship, a person will also need to submit copies of their passbook, income certificate, Aadhar card, passport-size photo, self-attested copy of their marksheet, and proof of residency.
Merit-based CG Scholarships for students:
For students who do better than 85% on their HSC exams, there is a scholarship available. The scholarship is open to any student who receives this much. Students who apply as early as possible—either at the start of the term or in smaller increments as the term progresses—will receive top priority. Students from economically underprivileged backgrounds are eligible for special concessions.
CG Scholarships for ME/M.Tech:
Students who pass the GATE or MHRD exams are awarded Rs. 8000 towards the promotion of postgraduate studies in India. This ensures that students have the opportunity to finish their thesis work even if they lack the funds to do so. Along with the form, certain documents would be required to apply for the scholarship. A few of the documents are the caste certificate, income certificate, PG final year mark sheets, SSC and HSC mark sheets, domicile certificate, copy of bank passbook with IFSC and Aadhar card, and so on, all signed by the tahsildar. Each of these papers needs to be self-attested.
Also Read:- SBIF Asha Scholarship
Courses For Aspiring Students Eligible For the CG Scholarship
Upon being awarded the esteemed CG Scholarship, an abundance of academic prospects is in store for you. With the help of this scholarship, you’ll be able to pursue your academic goals by enrolling in a variety of courses at the university of your choice. To assist you in making wise decisions for the future, we will examine the course categories that you can investigate with the CG Scholarship in this section.
1. Programmes for Certificates and Diplomas: These are ideal for individuals seeking to acquire specialised knowledge rapidly and provide a foundation in a variety of fields.
2. Comprehensive Courses: Dive deeper into your chosen discipline with comprehensive courses that provide a comprehensive understanding of your topic of interest.
3. Research and Diploma Programmes: If you are passionate about conducting research and have strong desire to advance your field, these programmes equip you with the skills and knowledge needed to conduct groundbreaking research.
4. Classes leading to non-professional degrees: Broaden your horizons by enrolling in classes that offer in-depth information without restricting you to a particular career path.
5. Courses in School Education: These courses provide a solid foundation for teaching and equip students who want to influence the next generation with the skills necessary to succeed in the field of education.
6. Polytechnic and ITI Courses: Take advantage of courses offered by the Industrial Training Institute (ITI) and polytechnics to explore the practical side of technology and trades.
7. Diploma Programmes: With diploma programmes that focus on specific areas of interest, you can expand your expertise and get a competitive edge in your chosen field.
8. Professional Courses After Graduation: Take advantage of post-graduate professional courses to further your education and advance your career.
Eligibility Criteria: CG Scholarships 2023-24
1. CG Scholarship for Pre-Matric Students from SC, ST, and OBC
- Qualifications: Learners must be enrolled in pre-matriculated courses.
- Limit on Annual Family Income: INR Two Lakh.
2. CG Scholarships: Rajya Chatra Vritti Scheme
- For girls from SC/ST groups in classes 3-5.
- For students in classes 6–8 who identify as SC, ST, or OBC.
- Maximum Land Holding: A family may not own more than ten acres of land.
- Income Limit: The taxable limit cannot be exceeded by a family’s income.
3. CG Scholarships: for Post-Matric Students in SC, ST, and OBC
- Enrolled in post-matriculated courses is a requirement for students.
- Income Limit: INR 2.5 Lakh for ST/SC candidates and INR 1 Lakh for OBC applicants.
4. CG Scholarships: Unclean Business Scholarship Scheme
CG Scholarships: Kanya Saksharta Protsahan Yojana
- Pupils in grades 1 through 5 whose families work in certain industries (tanneries, flayers, scavengers, waste collection/picking).
- There is no upper income limit, but you must have an income certificate.
- Special Requirement: Female students enrolled in fifth or higher class.
5. CG Scholarships: Programme for Disabled Scholarships
- Candidates with a disability rate of at least 40%.
- Enrolled in a course at a regular school, college, or technical school.
- Limit on Monthly Family Income: INR 8,000 or less.
6. CG Scholarships: Chief Minister Gyan Protsahan Initiative Scheme
- pupils in the tenth or twelveth grade.
- strong academic record at prior levels.
- studying in institutions connected to the ICSE, CBSE, or Chattisgarh.
7. CG Scholarships: DTE Chhattisgarh Scholarship:
- In class 12, at least 60%.
- The prior institution needs to have AICTE approval.
Also Read:- PM Yasasvi Central Sector Scheme
CG Scholarships 2023-24: Merits and Awards
1.CG Scholarship: for Pre-Matric Students from SC, ST, and OBC:
OBC girls: INR 600 annually,
OBC boys: INR 450, and
SC/ST girls: INR 1,000
SC/ST boy: INR 800.
2. CG Scholarship: Rajya Chatra Vritti Scheme
Rs 500 annually for girl students in class 3-5, Rs 800 for SC/ST girls in class 6-8 and Rs 600 for SC/ST boys.
3. CG Scholarship: for Post-Matric Students in SC, ST, and OBC
SC/ST hostellers get Rs 3,800 and non-hostellers Rs 2,250, OBC hostellers in class 11 and class 12 get Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,100 respectively, while non-hostellers get Rs 600 and Rs 700 respectively.
4. CG Scholarship: Unclean Business Scheme
Encouraging diversity, this programme gives qualified applicants INR 1,850 annually.
5. CG Scholarship: Kanya Saksharta Protsahan Yojana
An annual grant of INR 500 is offered by the Kanya Saksharta Protsahan Yojana to young female students in classes 1–5. Only students from families in particular professions are eligible, highlighting the idea of equal chances for all.
6. CG Scholarship: Programme for Disabled Scholarships
Students with 40% or more disabilities are supported under this programme. The applicants’ family income cannot exceed INR 8,000 per month, and they must be enrolled in regular schools or colleges. The amount of the scholarship depends on the student’s grade level and ranges from INR 150 to INR 190.
7. CG Scholarship: Chief Minister Gyan Protsahan Initiative Scheme
Under this scheme, outstanding students in classes 10 and 12 receive an annual award of Rs 15,500. The schools where the eligible candidates are enrolled should be connected to the Chhattisgarh, CBSE, or ICSE boards.
8. CG Scholarship: DTE Chhattisgarh Scholarship:
This scholarship is available to students who graduated from an AICTE-approved school with at least a 60% grade point average in their 12th year of study.
2023–24 CG Scholarship Portal – How Do I Apply?
Step-by-step process to apply online on CG Scholarship Portal:-
- Go to the Scholarship Portal 2.0 for Chhattisgarh.
- Choose “Application” from the menu.
- Additionally, if this is your first time applying, click “Register Yourself.”
- Carefully fill out the necessary information.
- To register yourself, click “Save above details.”
2: Open the portal and log in.
- The Application ID and Password will be sent to the applicant’s registered mobile number.
- Enter the login credentials that were sent to the candidate on their registered phone number.
- To apply for a scholarship, click here.
3: Filling the application form
- Complete the necessary fields.
- To register for a scholarship, click the application form.
4: Attach the necessary documents:
- Please attach the documents that are required and listed separately in the left column.
- Upload the most recent image
- The scholarship funds will be deposited into the bank account, so be sure to update it appropriately.
5: Profile Print:
- To print a copy of the application, click “Print Profile.”
- The application form will be downloaded in PDF format to the applicant’s system.
- By selecting “My Dashboard,” applicants can view a list of their applications.
Contact Details: CG Scholarship
Candidates may contact the special secretary of Chhattisgarh’s Social Welfare Department with any questions; that person can guide the student or put him or her in touch with someone who can assist them.
Secretary, Department of Social Welfare, Chhattisgarh.
Mr. R Prasna, an IAS, is the Special Secretary.
Phone Number– +91-771-2510088
Email ID– email@example.com
FAQs On CG Scholarship
Who can apply for the CG Scholarship, and what is it?
The Chhattisgarh government funds the CG Scholarship, a programme that provides financial aid to students from the state to help them pursue education from grades 1 through 12. The programme is especially intended for students from reserved categories. While the requirements for each scheme are different, students from SC, ST, and OBC backgrounds who meet certain income thresholds are typically eligible.
When is the application period for the CG Scholarship, and how can I apply?
By visiting the official website and following the instructions, you can submit an application for the CG Scholarship. Since every scholarship has a distinct application deadline, you should check the information provided in the article regarding the deadline for the particular scholarship programme.
Do these scholarships have any income requirements, and if so, how do they differ between the programmes?
Yes, the income requirements for each scholarship programme differ. For instance, the annual family income limit for SC/ST/OBC students applying for the Pre-Matric Scholarship is INR 2 lakh, whereas the income limits for ST/SC and OBC candidates applying for the Post-Matric Scholarship vary.
How many scholarships are available for Chhattisgarh through the scholarship portal?
There are three scholarships available on the Chhattisgarh scholarship portal. Pupils may apply for scholarships for other backward classes, scheduled tribes, and scheduled castes after completing their high school education.
Suggested Link:- Seva yojana