Minority Scholarship 2023-24: There are minority scholarships available for members of the minority community who are less well off financially. The Government of India’s Welfare of Minorities Under The Ministry of Welfare is the organisation that created this scholarship programme. These scholarships’ primary goal is to give special consideration to students who are unable to pay for their education due to their membership in a minority community and ongoing poverty.
The Minority Scholarship Details
|Name of scholarship
|Minority Scholarship 2023-24
|The Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
|The National Scholarship Portal
Also Read:- Bihar Post Matric Scholarship
List of Scholarships
The Indian government offers minorities the following scholarships:
|Name Of State
|The state of Arunachal PradeshPre-matric scholarship under the umbrella programme for ST students’ education Scholarship for post-matriculation under the umbrella programme for ST children’s education Plan for providing stipends to Arunachal Pradesh’s scheduled tribe students
|There are various types of scholarships available to students in Assam: pre-matric, post-matric, pre-matric for SC students, post-matric for ST students, pre-matric for OBC students, post-matric for OBC students, and pre-matric for ST students.
|Scholarships for ST students prior to matriculation Scholarship for ST students after matriculation
|Scholarships for SC students after graduation Scholarships for OBC students after graduation
|Minority prematriculation scholarship Prematriculatory grants for students from SC Pre-matriculatory grants for students from ST OBC prematriculatory scholarship
- Minority post-matric scholarship
- Minority pre-matric scholarship
- Merit cum means scholarship for professional and Technical courses
To be eligible to apply for the minority scholarship, the candidate must meet the following requirements:
- For the student to take part in this programme, they must be enrolled in school, a college, or a university.
- The child’s parents’ annual income shouldn’t be more than Rs. 100,000 to Rs. 200,000,000.
- He or she needs to be classified as below the poverty line (BPL).
- For the applicant to be eligible for the minority scholarship programme, they must be a deserving student.
- This programme aims to motivate female students from underrepresented communities to pursue higher education.
- Students up to the tenth standard are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Students enrolled in both government-run and non-government educational institutions received more than 50% of the possible points in this last year.
- The Pre Matric Scholarship Scheme is open to those whose father makes no more than one lakh per year.
- These students can apply for this programme by going through the committee.
- Students in class XI through Ph.D. are able to submit an application for the Post Matric Scholarship Programme.
- Its name is only given to students who received a grade of at least 50% in the prior year.
Also Read:- CG Sholarship
Minority Scholarship Rewards Details
Candidates for this minority scholarship will receive the following rewards:
|Admission and the cost of tuition
|The annual admission fee for classes 6 through 10 is INR 500 for both day scholars and hostellers. The monthly tuition fee for classes 6 through 19 is INR 350 for both day scholars and hostellers.
|For day scholars in classes 1 through 5, 100 INR per month. For classes 6 to 10, the hosteller pays INR 600 per month, while day scholars pay INR 100.
Post Matric Scholarship
|Admission and the cost of tuition
|For classes 11 and 12, the annual admission and tuition fees are INR 7000 for both day scholars and hostellers. For both day scholars and hostellers, the annual tuition fee for technical and vocational courses at the class 11 and 12 levels is INR 10,000. For both day scholars and hostellers, the entrance and tuition fees for both UG and PG levels are INR 3000.
|For technical and vocational courses in classes 11 and 12, the monthly cost for the hosteller is INR 380, while the monthly cost for the day scholar is INR 230.
|Both day scholars and hostellers receive INR 20,000 per year, subject to actuals, whichever is less.
|The hosteller receives INR 1000 per month.Monthly cost of INR 500 for day scholars
|Scholarship for listed institutes
|For the 85 listed institutes, the entire course fee is reimbursed.
Also Read:- Oaknorth Stem Scholarship
The following procedure can be followed by candidates to renew their scholarship:
- Applicants must renew the scholarship they have been awarded annually.
- The scholarship must be renewed by the students if they receive at least 50% on the previous year’s exam.
- For cases involving renewal, the officials don’t publish a merit list.
The following criteria will be used to select the applicant:
- Based on their financial situation, the officials will shortlist the applicants for the scholarship.
- The candidates whose applications meet the requirements for each scholarship will be shortlisted by the selection committee after they have been evaluated.
- The officials will choose the older applicant for the scholarship in the event of equal income.
- To announce the scholarship winner, the officials will create a merit list based on the applicants’ income.
- Following the selection process, each scholarship recipient will receive the award as stated.
- For female students from each minority community, the officials set aside 30% of the scholarships.
- Should there be no female students available, the scholarship will be awarded to male students in the state or union territory in question.
- No matter where they attend school, residents of a given state or union territory are eligible for the scholarship under that state’s or territory’s quota.
How to Apply for a Minority Scholarship?
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must adhere to the easy steps listed below:
- Click the provided link to access the National Scholarship Portal’s official website.
- On the official National Scholarship Portal website, you must register.
- Select the “New Registration” option.
- Your screen will show the registration form.
- Put in all the information.
- All of your personal information as well as details about your educational background must be entered.
- Upload each and every document.
- You’ve successfully registered.
- You can now apply for this scholarship by logging in with your login information.
Also Read:- Zscholars Program
Application for Minority Scholarship Renewal
- Visit the NSP’s official website.
- The screen will open to the NSP homepage.
- Select the option labelled “New Registration.”
- There will be a new page opening.
- You must now choose the option to “Apply for Renewal.”
- The login form for renewal will open.
- Enter your login credentials.
- The renewal form is now going to open.
- After entering all the necessary data, click “Submit.”
How to check NSP beneficiary list?
- Go to the official website of the NSP.
- The NSP homepage will appear on the screen.
- Select “New Registration” from the menu.
- It will open in a new tab.
- You now need to choose the Scheme Wise Scholarship Approved List.
- It will open a new application form.
- Choose the scholarship category, state, ministry, and additional information.
- Choose the “Submit” option now.
Phone: 0120 – 6619540
Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Suggested Link:- kisan tractor yojna
Q.) Scholarships for minorities restricted to university students?
Ans: No, there are minority scholarships available for high school, undergraduate, graduate, and professional programmes, among other levels of study. Scholarships are available that are especially suited to every educational level.
Q.) I want to apply to more than one minority scholarship?
Ans: As long as you fulfil the requirements for each scholarship, you are eligible to apply for more than one minority scholarship. It is advised to carefully check the prerequisites and due dates for every scholarship and to submit individual applications in accordance with those requirements.
Q.) Do minority scholarships pay for all of your schooling costs?
Ans: The amount that each scholarship covers in terms of educational costs varies. While some scholarships provide full tuition reimbursement, others may only provide a portion of the cost. Examining the scholarship details is crucial in order to determine the total amount of financial assistance offered.
Q.) Are scholarships for minorities restricted to particular fields of study?
Ans: Minority scholarships are available in various fields of study, including STEM, humanities, social sciences, arts, and more. While some scholarships are available to students in all disciplines, others might have particular requirements pertaining to the field of study of choice.
Q;) What is the level of competition for minority scholarships?
Ans: The amount of funding available, the reputation of the scholarship, and the volume of applications all affect how competitive minority scholarships are. While some scholarships may have a less competitive applicant pool, others may have extremely competitive requirements, such as remarkable extracurricular involvement and academic achievement.