National Scholarship: The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital portal that allows applicants to choose and apply from over 50 scholarships offered by the Central and state government. So Now The National e-Government Plan (NeGP) established the NSP as a one-stop digital platform for scholarship applications and disbursement.
Now National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2021-22 is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central Government, State Governments, and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. So It is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. And The portal looks after end to end implementation of the scholarship schemes and their disbursement as well.
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति: राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) एक डिजिटल पोर्टल है जो आवेदकों को केंद्र और राज्य सरकार द्वारा दी जाने वाली 50 से अधिक छात्रवृत्तियों में से चुनने और आवेदन करने की अनुमति देता है। तो अब राष्ट्रीय ई-सरकार योजना (एनईजीपी) ने छात्रवृत्ति अनुप्रयोगों और संवितरण के लिए एनएसपी को वन-स्टॉप डिजिटल प्लेटफॉर्म के रूप में स्थापित किया।
अब राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2021-22 केंद्र सरकार, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी और एआईसीटीई जैसी अन्य सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए एक डिजिटल गेटवे है। तो यह उन छात्रों के लिए वन-स्टॉप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो विभिन्न शैक्षिक योजनाओं और छात्रवृत्ति सेवाओं के लिए आवेदन करने में रुचि रखते हैं। और पोर्टल छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन और उनके संवितरण को भी देखता है।
- What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP
- National Scholarship Portal Central Schemes.
- National Scholarship Portal State Schemes
- Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- National Scholarship Scheme Renewal
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Key Documents Required
- Check NSP Application Status
- FAQ- Frequently Asked Question
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. So It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. And NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
So Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (NSP) इलेक्ट्रॉनिक्स और सूचना प्रौद्योगिकी मंत्रालय, भारत सरकार द्वारा शुरू किए गए सबसे प्रमुख छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टलों में से एक है। तो यह एससी / एसटी / ओबीसी / अल्पसंख्यक और सामान्य श्रेणी के छात्रों को विभिन्न छात्रवृत्ति योजनाएं प्रदान करता है। और एनएसपी छात्रों को छात्रवृत्ति का समय पर वितरण सुनिश्चित करता है और प्रसंस्करण में दोहराव से बचाता है।
इसलिए इसका मुख्य उद्देश्य विद्वानों का एक पारदर्शी डेटाबेस बनाना है और यह सुनिश्चित करना है कि छात्रवृत्ति पात्र छात्रों को प्रत्यक्ष लाभ हस्तांतरण (डीबीटी) के माध्यम से वितरित की जाती है।
Also Read:- OBC Scholarship
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- So It, being a single integrat application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- Now It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- Therefore It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- And It helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
National Scholarship Portal Central Schemes.
NSP Scholarship: NSP Scholarship 2021-22 is an online scholarship portal of the Government of India. So Also known as the National Scholarship Portal, the NSP website carries information on different scholarship programs undertaken by central ministries and many state governments. And Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic career without any financial constraint. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include:
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), and more.
National Scholarship Portal State Schemes
Similar to the scholarship schemes of the central government, the state governments also provide scholarships for the students who are natives of that respective state. So even though many state governments offer funds to students from their own scholarship portal, some prefer to invite applications through the national scholarship portal.
At present, the NSP includes the Union Territories of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Chandigarh, Dadra Nagar Haveli, and Daman and Diu, Union Territories of Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Lakshadweep State plans are included. , Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura, and Uttarakhand.
Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
To avail of various scholarships and help students apply for them, one needs to register on NSP. So Students must know how to apply through the scholarship portal.
So before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. And If the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. So The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered.
Now Candidates must follow the below steps to apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal.
To register yourself you have to go to National Scholarship
From the home page of the website, you need to click on “New Registration”
Read the instructions that appear on the screen, tick the checkbox, and click on the “Continue” option
Enter the details asked on the screen like name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email id, bank details, etc.
Enter the captcha code and click on the “Register” option
- Log in through your “Student Registration ID”
- Click on the “Application Form” icon.
- So The application form will be display on the screen
- Fill in the asked details. And Domicile Status, Student Name, Date of Birth, Community/Category, Father’s Name, Aadhar Card Number, Mobile Number, Scholarship Category, Gender, Religion, Mother’s Name, Annual Family Income, Email Id. e.t.c.
- After That click on “Save & Continue”, the next page appeared.
- Upload scanned copies of documents.
- After that click on “Final Submission”
- Thus, the application has to be submitted at the end.
National Scholarship Application Status
- Firstly visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal
- The home page will open in front of you
- On the home page, you have to click on the login link and select your year
- Now you have to enter your Application ID and Password
- After that you have to check your status. have to click on
- Application status will be on your screen And click on “Final Submission’’ Thus, the Application has to finally submit.
Also Read:- Scholarship Renewal
National Scholarship Scheme Renewal
- To check you need to go to the Official Website
- From the home page of the website you need to click “Login”
- Now enter application ID, password and captcha appears on the screen
- Click the “login” option and apply for renewal of the application
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. Thereby For the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. Therefore They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number
Check NSP Application Status
After applying to the national scholarship portal for a particular scholarship, candidates can check their respective application status’ following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official national scholarship portal.
- After That When the homepage opens, click on the login link and select the year.
- Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab.
- After that The application status will reflect on the screen.
FAQ- Frequently Asked Question
Who can apply for NSP Scholarships?
The NSP scholarships are present to different departments functioning under the Government of India and other state governments. So, the eligibility criteria of each NSP scholarship vary. Therefore Candidates must check individual scholarships to know their eligibility criteria. So These scholarships are meant for students of Class 1 to 12, undergraduate, postgraduate, Ph.D., and Postdoctoral students. And They can also find scholarships for SC, ST, OBC, EBC, Minority Communities in the list available.
When can a student apply for NSP scholarships?
The application period for each NSP scholarship varies. So The applications for centrally funded scholarships generally start in August and continue till November. So, However, there is no specific timeline for state scholarships. And To know about the respective application period, kindly refer to the list of scholarships in the article above.
Is Aadhaar a mandatory requirement for all NSP scholarships?
No, Aadhaar number is not a mandatory requirement to apply for any NSP scholarship. So If the students do not have an Aadhaar number, they can still apply for the scholarships by providing the Aadhaar enrollment id.
Where can the students apply for NSP scholarship renewal?
The students applying for renewal are required to apply through the NSP login page. So They need to visit the home page of NSP and click on the ‘login’ tab. And The login pages for fresh and renewal applications are different for each academic year. Therefore, students must be careful to select the renewal tab and log in using their registered application ID and password to proceed with the application renewal process.