National Scholarship 22: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central governments, State Governments and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. It is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. The portal looks after end to end implementation of the scholarship schemes and their disbursement as well.
The National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. It is taken as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2022-23, NSP has helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,800 crores (INR 2875.50 to be precise). The platform boasts more than 127 lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified. National scholarship portal 2021-22
- In Hindi: National Scholarship 22
- What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP: National Scholarship 22
- Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
- What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- FAQs on National Scholarship 22
In Hindi: National Scholarship 22
National Scholarship 22: राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2022-23 केंद्र सरकारों, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी और एआईसीटीई जैसी अन्य सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए एक डिजिटल गेटवे है। यह उन छात्रों के लिए वन-स्टॉप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो विभिन्न शैक्षिक योजनाओं और छात्रवृत्ति सेवाओं के लिए आवेदन करने में रुचि रखते हैं। पोर्टल छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन और उनके संवितरण को भी देखता है। national scholarship portal renewal 2021-22
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की 118 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। इसे राष्ट्रीय ई-गवर्नेंस योजना (एनईजीपी) के तहत ‘मिशन मोड प्रोजेक्ट’ के रूप में लिया गया है। शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2022-23 के लिए जारी आंकड़ों के अनुसार, एनएसपी ने सरकार को 2,800 करोड़ रुपये से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में मदद की है। मंच में 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदन सत्यापित हैं।
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Benefits of NSP: National Scholarship 22
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- It, being a single integrated application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- And it helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
- एनएसपी छात्रवृत्ति प्रक्रिया को सरल करता है क्योंकि जानकारी एक छतरी के नीचे उपलब्ध है।
- यह, सभी छात्रवृत्तियों के लिए एक एकीकृत आवेदन होने के नाते, यह सुनिश्चित करता है कि छात्रों को पात्रता या आवेदन प्रक्रिया के बारे में जानने के लिए अन्य वेबसाइटों को स्केल करने की आवश्यकता नहीं है।
- यह अनुप्रयोगों के दोहराव को कम करने में मदद करता है।
- एनएसपी छात्रों के लिए उपयुक्त योजनाओं का सुझाव देता है।
- यह विभिन्न मंत्रालयों और विभागों के लिए निर्णय समर्थन प्रणाली (डीएसएस) के रूप में कार्य करता है, जो मांग पर अद्यतन जानकारी प्रदान करता है।
- यह तेजी से छात्रवृत्ति प्रसंस्करण सुनिश्चित करता है।
- और यह सभी भारत-स्तरीय पाठ्यक्रमों और संस्थानों के लिए मास्टर डेटा को मानकीकृत करने में मदद करता है।
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure a smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Avoiding duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Offering the students, a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Harmonizing the variety of scholarships and their norms
- Creating a transparent scholars’ database
- Ensuring all scholarships are disbursed to students on time
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include:
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), and more
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – List of Central Schemes
|Scholarship Name||Provider||Application Deadline|
|Pre-Matric Scholarships||Ministry of Minority Affairs||30 September 2022|
|Post-Matric Scholarships||Ministry of Minority Affairs||31 October 2022|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses CS||Ministry of Minority Affairs||31 October 2022|
|Begum Hazrat Mahal National Scholarship||Ministry of Minority Affairs||30 September 2022|
|Pre-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||30 September 2022|
|Post-matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||31 October 2022|
|Scholarships for Top Class Education for students with disabilities||Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities||31 October 2022|
|Top Class Education Scheme for SC Students||Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment||31 October 2022|
|Aam Aadmi Bima Yojna Scholarship for Andhra Pradesh||Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment||Apply Offline|
|Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Post-Matric||Ministry of Labour and Employment||31 October 2022|
|Financial Assistance for Education of the Wards of Beedi/Cine/IOMC/LSDM Workers – Pre-Matric||Ministry of Labour and Employment||30 September 2022|
|National Fellowship and Scholarship for Higher Education of ST Students – Scholarship (Formally Top-Class Education for Schedule Tribe Students) – only for scholarships||Ministry of Tribal Affairs||31 October 2022|
|National Means Cum Merit Scholarship||Department of School Education & Literacy||30 September 2022|
|NEC Merit Scholarship for NER Region||North Eastern Council (NEC), DoNER||31 October 2022|
|Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College and University Students||Department of Higher Education||31 October 2022|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles||WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||31 October 2022|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme for Wards of States/UTS Police Personnel Martyred During Terror/Naxal Attacks||WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs||31 October 2022|
|Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme For RPF/RPSF||RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway||31 October 2022|
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Set up with an objective to coordinate, it determines and maintains the standard of higher education in India. Being an authoritative body, it offers recognition to universities across India and provides them with the required funds. Besides this, the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD and is regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body. And AICTE has been operating since 1945 and looking after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India.
AICTE also offers several scholarships apart from approving postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories. It also ensures students receive funds on time so that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
Similar to the scholarship schemes from the central government, the state governments also offer scholarships for students who are domiciles of that respective state. Even though many state governments offer funds to students from their own scholarship portal, a few prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal.
Currently, NSP covers state schemes of 15 different states namely Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Chandigarh, UT of The Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, UT of Ladakh, UT of Lakshadweep, Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number
FAQs on National Scholarship 22
How many scholarships can a student get?
You can apply for as many scholarships as you want to but can avail only one. This condition of availing of a scholarship may vary from provider to provider.
Is NSP for a general category?
They must have passed higher secondary/matriculation from a recognised board. The students must not hold any other scholarship. General category students pursuing studies at the post-matriculation level can apply. Their annual family income should be less than INR 1 lakh.
Can a scholarship be rejected?
There are several risks associated with applying for scholarships, mainly because they can be rejected. A lot of young people wonder why they weren’t chosen for an award when, in reality, they were the best match for a scholarship.
How do I check my NSP amount?
- Click on the ‘Track NSP Payments’ section.
- Fill in all required details like bank name, account number and NSP application ID.
- Enter the word verification (captcha) and click on the ‘Search’ button. The current payment status of the NSP scholarship amount will be displayed. National scholarship portal last date 2021-22