National Scholarship in: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital scholarship platform that carries multiple scholarships offered by the central government, state governments and different government agencies like UGC (University Grants Commission). The National Scholarship Portal hosts about 104 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. According to officials, the platform has, so far, helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,700 crores. The platform boasts of more than 127 Lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified also. national scholarship gov in
- In Hindi:
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – What it is?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why it was created?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How students can benefit from it?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Various scholarships it covers
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How can you apply for a scholarship?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- FAQs on National Scholarship in
नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2022 एक डिजिटल स्कॉलरशिप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो केंद्र सरकार, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी (विश्वविद्यालय अनुदान आयोग) जैसी विभिन्न सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली कई स्कॉलरशिप को वहन करता है। राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की लगभग 104 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। अधिकारियों के अनुसार, मंच ने अब तक सरकार को 2,700 करोड़ रुपये से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में मदद की है। मंच में 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदनों का सत्यापन भी किया गया है। www national scholarship portal gov in
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – What it is?
Introduced as the Mission Mode Project under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP), the National Scholarship Portal emerges as one of the most prominent scholarship portals that offer a variety of services ranging from student scholarship application to the disbursal of scholarships to them. Offering a SMART (Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent) system for effective and faster disposal of scholarships, the portal ensures direct delivery of funds to the beneficiary’s account thereby avoiding any chances of leakage.
The NSP can benefit you in the following ways –
- You can find all kinds of scholarship information on one platform.
- You have to make a single integrated application for all scholarships which simplifies the application process.
- The portal renders enhanced transparency to all its users.
- You can find the master data for all courses and institutions at an all-India level on this single platform.
- It also serves as a great tool for departments and ministries in the form of DSS (Decision Support System)
राष्ट्रीय ई-गवर्नेंस योजना (एनईजीपी) के तहत मिशन मोड परियोजना के रूप में पेश किया गया, राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल सबसे प्रमुख छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टलों में से एक के रूप में उभरा है जो छात्र छात्रवृत्ति आवेदन से लेकर छात्रवृत्ति के वितरण तक विभिन्न प्रकार की सेवाएं प्रदान करता है। छात्रवृत्ति के प्रभावी और तेजी से निपटान के लिए एक स्मार्ट (सरलीकृत, मिशन-उन्मुख, जवाबदेह, उत्तरदायी और पारदर्शी) प्रणाली की पेशकश करते हुए, पोर्टल लाभार्थी के खाते में धन की सीधी डिलीवरी सुनिश्चित करता है जिससे रिसाव की किसी भी संभावना से बचा जा सके।
एनएसपी आपको निम्नलिखित तरीकों से लाभान्वित कर सकता है –
- आप एक मंच पर सभी प्रकार की छात्रवृत्ति जानकारी प्राप्त कर सकते हैं।
- आपको सभी छात्रवृत्तियों के लिए एक एकीकृत आवेदन करना होगा जो आवेदन प्रक्रिया को सरल बनाता है।
- पोर्टल अपने सभी उपयोगकर्ताओं को बेहतर पारदर्शिता प्रदान करता है।
- आप इस एकल मंच पर अखिल भारतीय स्तर पर सभी पाठ्यक्रमों और संस्थानों के लिए मास्टर डेटा पा सकते हैं।
- यह डीएसएस (निर्णय समर्थन प्रणाली) के रूप में विभागों और मंत्रालयों के लिए एक महान उपकरण के रूप में भी कार्य करता है।
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why it was created?
What was the need to create this portal? This is an obvious question to occur in your mind. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- To ensure that the scholarships are being disbursed to students on a timely basis
- To offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- And to create a transparent scholars’ database
- To avoid duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- To harmonize the variety of scholarships and their norms
- And to ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How students can benefit from it?
Now when you are aware of the benefits that the National Scholarship Portal renders to the students, here is how you can get the best out of this portal –
- Check the eligibility for the NSP scholarships available.
- Register yourself with National Scholarship Portal and apply for the scholarship you are eligible for.
- Make hassle-free submission of applications online.
- The authorities will do the verification of the online application. Meanwhile, you can also track the status of your application through the portal.
- If successfully verified, the scholarship amount will be directly credited to the account of the student through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT). Know the current status of NSP scholarship payment through the portal.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Various scholarships it covers
Known for its nationwide reach, the National Scholarship Portal covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC schemes
- AICTE schemes
- State schemes
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Central Schemes
Different department operating under the Government of India runs a number of scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic career without any financial constraint. The renowned providers in the realm of scholarships include the Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE), Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE), Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA), Department of Higher Education (DHE) and more.
You can apply for all scholarships that are being offered by the central government through the National Scholarship Portal under the Central Schemes section.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). It has been set up with an objective to coordinate, determine and maintain the standards of higher education in India. It is the authority that offers recognition to universities across India and also provides them with funds. Besides this, the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – AICTE Schemes
Regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body, AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD. Operating since 1945, AICTE looks after the coordinated development and proper planning for both technical as well as management education systems in India. Despite offering approval to postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories, AICTE also offers a number of scholarships for students to ensure that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – State Schemes
Just like the central government, the state government also offers scholarships for students who are domicile of that respective state. While many state governments operate their own scholarship portal for applications, some prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal. At present, the national scholarship portal covers state schemes of 6 different states namely, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Karnataka, Meghalaya and Arunachal Pradesh.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – How can you apply for a scholarship?
In order to stay advantaged with the scholarships mentioned above, you need to register yourself on NSP through Student Login. However, before applying for a scholarship, the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. If the institution is not registered on the portal, the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the institutions to register themselves, if not already registered. Here is a step-by-step description of how you can apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal –
Step 1: Searching for the Institute
- Visit the home page of the portal.
- Click on the ‘Search for Institute‘ button.
- Fill in the required details and get the institution list.
- If the institution is not registered, the candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
Step 2: Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All fresh users need to visit the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal to register.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- You will receive a student application ID and password on your registered mobile number.
Step 3: Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the login button to start the scholarship application.
- Enter the application ID and password received on your registered number.
Step 4: Change the password (A mandatory step)
- Upon successful login, you will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- You will be directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 5: Enter the Dashboard
- Once the password is changed, you will be directed to Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Click on ‘Application Form to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details and basic details.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue.
- Add contact details, and scheme details and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered the correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘The Final Submit button.
Note: The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants are advised to be double sure while clicking on final submission as no change of information will be entertained after final submission.
NSP Scholarship Last Date 2022-23 Update, IMEI Tracker Update, DBT Full Form, Touch Typing Test, PMJAY CSC Login Updated, How to Change Aadhar Card Mobile Number, National Scholarship Scheme 2022 Last Date, Rajkumar Hirani Contact Number.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP, the students are required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000, the students are not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute. For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents handy –
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Aadhaar number
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
FAQs on National Scholarship in
Which scholarship is best for OBC students?
Mainly, 6 types of OBC scholarships are offered to the candidates and these scholarships are National Fellowship for OBC, Pre & Post matric OBC scholarships, Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas, ONGC Scholarships, and Merit Scholarships for OBC, Delhi.
Can I apply for an NSP scholarship in 2nd year?
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards for the current year are eligible to apply. www national scholarship gov in