www Scholarship National Portal: www Scholarship National Portal: National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 is a digital gateway for various government scholarship schemes offered by the Central Government, State Governments and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. So it is a one-stop platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. And the portal also looks after the implementation of scholarship schemes and their disbursement.
Every year the National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for registered scholarship seekers on the platform. Although it has been taken up as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2022-23, the NSP has helped the government in implementing and disbursing scholarships worth over Rs 2,800 crore (INR 2875.50 to be exact). Amazingly the platform has over 127 lakh applications, out of which more than 84 lakh applications are verified.
- In Hindi:
- What is National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP
- Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) created?
- What are the various scholarships under NSP?
- How to check the NSP application status?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Plans
- How to apply on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
- FAQs on www Scholarship National Portal
www Scholarship National Portal: राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल (एनएसपी) 2022-23 केंद्र सरकार, राज्य सरकारों और यूजीसी और एआईसीटीई जैसी अन्य सरकारी एजेंसियों द्वारा दी जाने वाली विभिन्न सरकारी छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के लिए एक डिजिटल गेटवे है। तो यह उन छात्रों के लिए वन-स्टॉप प्लेटफॉर्म है जो विभिन्न शैक्षिक योजनाओं और छात्रवृत्ति सेवाओं के लिए आवेदन करने में रुचि रखते हैं। और पोर्टल छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के कार्यान्वयन और उनके संवितरण को भी देखता है।
राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल हर साल मंच पर पंजीकृत छात्रवृत्ति चाहने वालों के लिए सैकड़ों करोड़ की 118 छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं की मेजबानी करता है। हालांकि इसे राष्ट्रीय ई-गवर्नेंस योजना (एनईजीपी) के तहत ‘मिशन मोड प्रोजेक्ट’ के रूप में लिया गया है। शैक्षणिक वर्ष 2022-23 के लिए जारी आंकड़ों के अनुसार, NSP ने 2,800 करोड़ रुपये (INR 2875.50 सटीक होने के लिए) से अधिक की छात्रवृत्ति को लागू करने और वितरित करने में सरकार की मदद की है। आश्चर्यजनक रूप से इस प्लेटफॉर्म पर 127 लाख से अधिक आवेदन हैं, जिनमें से 84 लाख से अधिक आवेदन सत्यापित हैं।
What is National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minorities and General Category students. NSP ensures timely distribution of scholarships to the students and avoids duplication in processing.
Its main objective is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP Scholarship simplifies the process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- This, being a unified application for all scholarships, ensures that students do not need to visit other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- This helps reduce duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests suitable schemes for the students.
- It acts as Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and Departments, providing updated information on demand.
- This ensures faster scholarship processing.
- It helps to standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) created?
The National Scholarship Portal was launched by the Government of India under the National e-Governance Initiative to ensure the flow of funds directly into the bank accounts of the students without any hindrance. The major objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Avoiding duplication when processing applications
- To provide a common platform for central and state government scholarships to the students
- To harmonize the diversity of scholarships and their criteria
- Creating a transparent scholarly database
- Ensuring timely disbursement of all scholarships to students
What are the various scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying from class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships covered by NSP is majorly classified under the following sections.
- Central schemes
- UGC/AICTE Schemes
- state plans
How to check the NSP application status?
After applying on the National Scholarship Portal for a particular scholarship, candidates can check the status of their respective applications by following the steps given below.
- Visit the official National Scholarship Portal.
- Then on the homepage, click on the login link.
- Enter Application ID and Password.
- Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab.
- And the application status will appear on the screen.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments run by the Government of India run several scholarships to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. Well-known providers in the field of scholarships include:
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Labor and Employment (MLE)
- Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
University Grants Commission (UGC) is a premier statutory body of the Government of India functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Established for the purpose of coordination, it sets and maintains the standard of higher education in India. Being an official body, it accredits universities across India and provides them with the necessary funds. Apart from this, UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education, MHRD and is considered the national level council for technical education and a statutory body. And AICTE is working since 1945 and looking after coordinated development and proper planning for both technical and management education systems in India.
AICTE also offers several scholarships apart from sanctioning postgraduate and undergraduate programs under specified categories. It also ensures that the students receive funds on time so that the financial constraint does not hinder their professional careers.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Plans
Similar to the scholarship schemes of the central government, the state governments also provide scholarships for students who are natives of that respective state. Even though many state governments offer funds to students from their own scholarship portals, some prefer to invite applications through the national scholarship portal.
Presently, the NSP comprises 15 different states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Chandigarh, Union Territory of Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Union Territory of Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Lakshadweep. State plans of the states are included. , Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
How to apply on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
To avail of various scholarships and help students apply for them, one needs to register on NSP. Every student must know how to apply through the scholarship portal.
Although, before applying for the scholarship, students must ensure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. So if the institute is not registered on the portal, the student will not be able to apply for any scholarship. However, the portal also has a provision for institutions to register themselves, if not already registered.
Candidates must follow the below-mentioned steps to apply for an NSP scholarship through National Scholarship Portal.
Step 1: Finding the Institute
- Visit the official website of NSP.
- Click on the ‘Search for Institute’ button.
- Then fill in the required details and get the institute list.
- In case the institution is not registered, candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal by clicking here.
Step 2: Registering with the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All new users need to visit the home page of the National Scholarship Portal for registration.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- Select the desired option
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Read the guidelines carefully.
- Click ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Fill in all the required details.
- Click on ‘Register’
- A student application ID and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 3: Log in with the National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the Login tab.
- Enter the Application ID and Password received on the registered number.
Step 4: Change Password (Mandatory Step)
- On successful login, the applicant will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- Verify OTP.
- The applicant will be directed to the change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
Step 5: Enter Dashboard
- After changing the password, the student will be directed to the applicant’s dashboard page.
- Click on ‘Application Form to start the application.
- Fill in all the registration details, academic details and other required details.
- Click ‘Save and Continue.
- Add contact details and scheme details and upload the required documents.
- Click ‘Save as Draft’ (to confirm if you have entered the correct information)
- After confirmation, click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab.
Note: Lastly submitted applications cannot be edited again. Hence, applicants are advised to make sure again while clicking on the final submission as no change in the information will be entertained after the final submission.
FAQs on www Scholarship National Portal
Who gets the scholarship?
While most scholarships are open to all students, the most likely recipients are usually students who demonstrate outstanding academic merit or financial need. In addition to these two basic requirements, depending on the scholarship, applicants may also have to meet several other criteria.
छात्रवृत्ति किसे मिलती है?
जबकि अधिकांश छात्रवृत्तियां सभी छात्रों के लिए खुली हैं, सबसे अधिक संभावित प्राप्तकर्ता आमतौर पर ऐसे छात्र होते हैं जो उत्कृष्ट शैक्षणिक योग्यता या वित्तीय आवश्यकता का प्रदर्शन करते हैं। इन दो बुनियादी आवश्यकताओं के अलावा, छात्रवृत्ति के आधार पर, आवेदकों को कई अन्य मानदंडों को भी पूरा करना पड़ सकता है।
How many scholarships can I apply for?
You can apply for as many scholarships as you want but can avail of only one. And this condition of receiving the scholarship may vary from provider to provider.
What is the minimum percentage for scholarships?
The minimum percentage criteria for applying for any scholarship is that the candidate must have scored more than 80% marks in the class 12 examination. And the income of the parents of the candidate should not exceed Rs. 4.5 lakhs per year.
छात्रवृत्ति के लिए न्यूनतम प्रतिशत क्या है?
किसी भी छात्रवृत्ति के लिए आवेदन करने के लिए न्यूनतम प्रतिशत मानदंड यह है कि उम्मीदवार ने कक्षा 12 की परीक्षा में 80% से अधिक अंक प्राप्त किए हों। और उम्मीदवार के माता-पिता की आय रुपये से अधिक नहीं होनी चाहिए। प्रति वर्ष 4.5 लाख।