NSP Portal Home: National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital platform that allows applicants to search and apply for more than 50 scholarships granted by the federal and provincial governments. This initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented, Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries’ accounts without any leakages. nsp home portal
नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल एक वन-स्टॉप समाधान है जिसके माध्यम से छात्र आवेदन, आवेदन रसीद, प्रसंस्करण, मंजूरी और छात्रों को विभिन्न छात्रवृत्ति के वितरण से शुरू होने वाली विभिन्न सेवाएं सक्षम हैं। नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल (NSP) एक डिजिटल प्लेटफॉर्म है जो आवेदकों को संघीय और प्रांतीय सरकारों द्वारा दी गई 50 से अधिक स्कॉलरशिप के लिए खोज और आवेदन करने की अनुमति देता है। इस पहल का उद्देश्य छात्रवृत्ति आवेदनों के तेजी से और प्रभावी निपटान के लिए एक सरल, मिशन-उन्मुख, जवाबदेह, उत्तरदायी और पारदर्शी ‘स्मार्ट’ प्रणाली प्रदान करना और बिना किसी रिसाव के सीधे लाभार्थियों के खातों में धन की डिलीवरी करना है। nsp scholarship portal home
National Scholarship Portal Home: About the Portal
The NSP portal has been introduced by the Union Government under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). The key objective behind introducing this portal was to ensure efficient and timely disbursement of scholarships to the end beneficiaries i.e. students without any leakages. To do so, the portal boasts of a SMART system that is Simplified, Mission-Oriented, Accountable, Responsive, and Transparent. The students looking for a scholarship can avail of the following benefits through NSP
- Information on all scholarships on one platform
- The single application window for all scholarships
- Hassle-free scholarship processing
- Increased transparency
How to Apply for Scholarships through the NSP
You can only apply for the NSP if the educational institution you are currently studying in is registered on the portal. So If it is not registered, you can get in touch with your institute to initiate the registration process.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Why it was created?
What was the need to create this portal? This is an obvious question to occur in your mind. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include
- Ensure that the scholarships are being disbursed to students on a timely basis
- Offer a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships
- Create a transparent scholars’ database
- Avoid duplication that occurs while processing the applications
- Harmonize the variety of scholarships and their norms
- To ensure the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer)
The steps required to apply for NSP are as given below:
- Visit the official website of NSP
- Click on the ‘’New Registration’’ button on the top navigation tab
- Read the guidelines carefully
- Tick on the boxes at the bottom of the page to show you have read and agreed to the guidelines.
- Click on ‘’Continue’’
- Fill in the required details
- Click on ‘’Register’’
- A student application ID and password will be sent to your registered mobile number
Services Provided by NSP
The following services are provided by the NSP:
- Information on all courses and institutes on a pan-India level is available on the platform
- You can check your scholarship eligibility and track the application status on the platform
- Authorities can verify applications online
- The Decision Support System (DSS) enables seamless communication between different ministries and departments
Applying for Scholarships Via Mobile App
To apply for scholarships through NSP through the mobile app, download the app from the Google Play Store. It is also available through the Government of India’s UMANG mobile app. All you have to do is register and apply for the scholarship.
The documents required for the NSP application are as given below:
- Educational documents
- Domicile certificate
- If your educational institute is located in a place different from your domicile certificate, you would have to furnish a bonafide student certificate
- Income certificate
- Bank passbook
- Caste certificate, if applicable
- Aadhaar number
Highlights of NSP Portal
- Name of the portal: National Scholarship Portal
- Launched by: Central Government of India
- Ministry: Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India
- Beneficiaries: Students
- Benefits: Scholarship Benefits
- Mode of application: Online
- Official website: scholarships.gov.in
National Scholarship Portal Home – Details
Are you searching for suitable financial aid to pursue your education? If yes, then the NSP portal is the place for you where you can find a scholarship that fits your academic requirements. It hosts a vast gamut of scholarships to serve the educational needs of students coming from different sections of society. So These scholarships are broadly categorized into Central Schemes, UGC/AICTE Schemes, and State Schemes. This section will acquaint you with all types of scholarships that are listed on NSP.
क्या आप अपनी शिक्षा को आगे बढ़ाने के लिए उपयुक्त वित्तीय सहायता की तलाश कर रहे हैं? यदि हाँ, तो एनएसपी पोर्टल आपके लिए वह जगह है जहाँ आप एक छात्रवृत्ति पा सकते हैं जो आपकी शैक्षणिक आवश्यकताओं के अनुकूल हो। यह समाज के विभिन्न वर्गों से आने वाले छात्रों की शैक्षिक आवश्यकताओं को पूरा करने के लिए छात्रवृत्ति की एक विशाल श्रृंखला की मेजबानी करता है। इसलिए इन छात्रवृत्तियों को मोटे तौर पर केंद्रीय योजनाओं, यूजीसी/एआईसीटीई योजनाओं और राज्य योजनाओं में वर्गीकृत किया गया है। यह खंड आपको एनएसपी पर सूचीबद्ध सभी प्रकार की छात्रवृत्तियों से परिचित कराएगा।
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Contact Details
If you come across any technical problem while applying for any scholarship or registering with the NSP, you can contact its dedicated help desk on phone number 0120-6619540 or through email at email@example.com. Furthermore, the portal also has a separate complaints section for the benefit of users with the help of which you can register your respective complaints online and track their status too.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Services
Besides applying for a scholarship, the portal also provides several other services for both the students and the institutions. A user can explore all the services offered through the NSP portal under the ‘Services Section. The key services listed under this section include –
- NSP 2.0 user manual – To acquaint the users with the workflow on NSP. The students will get to know the detailed registration and application process.
- Scheme eligibility – Under this section, the students can filter out the scholarship schemes based on their specific requirements. They are required to fill their domicile state/UT, course level, religion, caste/category, gender, annual income of parents, disability status, and captcha code.
List of Ministry Coordinators
- Scheme-wise State Nodal Officers – Under this section, the students can browse the list of state nodal officers based on the scheme they want to apply for. For example, if you are applying for a UGC scheme, you can check the details of state nodal officers under the ‘UGC’ section.
- Know your AISHE Code – This service allows the students to check the AISHE codes of schools/colleges/institutions registered on NSP by simply providing the institution type, state, district (not mandatory) and university type (not mandatory)
- Get AISHE Code for your Institute – This section allows the institutions which not registered on the portal to register themselves by simply filling out the form available.
- List of applicants processed for scholarship – Explore the list of applicants who have been selected for the scholarship in this section. The users need to select the academic year, application type, ministry, scheme, state and district to get relevant details.
- Search Nodal Officer details – Get the details of the nodal officers for each ministry, state or district in this section.
- District Nodal Officer details list – Under this section, the students can browse the district-wise list of nodal officers.
- Institute operational manual – The institutions can browse the operation manual on how to fill out the registration form, how to update the profile, and how to remove DISE/AISHE/NCVT code.
FAQs on NSP Portal Home
How do I check my NSP 2.0 status?
To know the Status of NSP Scholarship Status for Fresh/ renewal, Students can visit the NSP website or go through the direct link which is https://scholarships.gov.in/renewal/loginPage.action. 2. Next, Students can provide the application ID and Password.
How much percentage require for an NSP scholarship?
For renewal of scholarship in each year of study, besides getting at least 50% marks in the Annual Examination, maintenance of adequate attendance of at least 75%, will also be the criteria.
What is PFMS in NSP?
PFMS Scholarship – PFMS (Public Finance Management System), formerly known as CPSMS (Central Plan Scheme Monitoring System), is a distinctive web-based application to monitor the programs/schemes offered by the government in the social sector and track the disbursement of funds.
Can I apply for both state and national scholarships?
No ( You can Apply for only one Govt. Scholarship in a Session). as Per Government Rule you can Apply for only one Government Scholarship in one session. Whether it is State Government or Central Government.
Who can apply for the NSP scholarship 2022?
Who Can Apply through the National Scholarship Portal 2022? The meritorious students of SC, ST, OBC and other reserved categories can apply for NSP 2022 pre-matric and post-matric scholarships. Single girl children can apply for PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship offered by UGC through the National scholarship portal login.
What is a Post matric scholarship?
The objective of the scheme is to award scholarships to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities so as to provide them better opportunities for higher education, increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability. nsp portal home page