NSP Scheme: This scholarship scheme is for students studying in Top Level colleges across India such as IITs and IIMs. Merit cum Means (MCM) Scholarship Scheme – This scholarship scheme is for students doing Technical and Professional courses at graduation and post-graduation levels. The Government of India provides scholarships to all those students who are not able to finance their education. incentive scheme in nsp
- In Hindi:
- What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- Benefits of NSP
- Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
- What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
- How to Check NSP Application Status?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
- How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
- FAQS on NSP Scheme
NSP Scheme: यह छात्रवृत्ति योजना पूरे भारत में शीर्ष स्तर के कॉलेजों जैसे IIT और IIM में पढ़ने वाले छात्रों के लिए है। मेरिट कम मीन्स (एमसीएम) छात्रवृत्ति योजना – यह छात्रवृत्ति योजना स्नातक और स्नातकोत्तर स्तर पर तकनीकी और व्यावसायिक पाठ्यक्रम करने वाले छात्रों के लिए है। भारत सरकार उन सभी छात्रों को छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान करती है जो अपनी शिक्षा का वित्तपोषण करने में सक्षम नहीं हैं nsp no scheme available problem
What is the National Scholarship Portal (NSP)?
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. It offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students. NSP ensures timely disbursement of scholarships to students and avoids duplication in processing.
- Its main aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students.
Benefits of NSP
There are several benefits that eligible students can avail themselves from the National Scholarship Portal, which are:
- NSP simplifies the scholarship process as the information is available under one umbrella.
- It, being a single integrated application for all scholarships, ensures that students don’t have to scale other websites to know about eligibility or the application process.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It ensures faster scholarship processing.
- And it helps standardize master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
Why was the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) Created?
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure a smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. The key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
What are the Different Scholarships under NSP?
The National Scholarship Portal is well known for its nationwide reach. It covers almost all types of scholarships; for students studying in class 1 to PhD level. The variety of scholarships that the NSP covers are majorly categorized under the following sections –
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
How to Check NSP Application Status?
After applying to the national scholarship portal for a particular scholarship, candidates can check their respective application status’ following the below-mentioned steps.
- Visit the official national scholarship portal.
- When the homepage opens, click on the login link.
- Enter the application ID and password.
- Enter the application ID and password
- Click on the ‘Check Your Status’ tab.
- The application status will reflect on the screen.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – Central Schemes
Various departments operating under the Indian Government-run several scholarships; to help students pursue their dream academic careers without any financial constraints. The renowned providers; in the realm of scholarships include:
- Department of Higher Education (DHE)
- Ministry of Labour and Employment (MLE)
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD)
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs (MTA)
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment (MSJE)
- And Ministry of Minority Affairs (MOMA), and more
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – UGC Schemes
The University Grants Commission (UGC) is a prominent statutory body of the Indian government functioning under the MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). Set up with an objective to coordinate; it determines and maintains the standard of higher education in India. Being an authoritative body; it offers recognition to universities across India and provides them with the required funds. Besides this; the UGC also offers some scholarship schemes for students pursuing college-level education.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – AICTE Schemes
AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) functions under the Department of Higher Education; MHRD and is regarded as the national-level council for technical education and a statutory body. AICTE has been operating since 1945 and looking after the coordinated development and proper planning; for both technical as well as management education systems in India.
And AICTE also offers several scholarships apart from approving postgraduate and undergraduate programs; under specified categories. It also ensures students receive funds on time so that financial constraint does not become a blocking stone in their professional career.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23 – State Schemes
Similar to the scholarship schemes from the central government; the state governments also offer scholarships for students who are domiciles of that respective state. Even though many state governments offer funds to students from their own scholarship portal; a few prefer inviting applications through the National Scholarship Portal.
Currently, NSP covers state schemes of 15 different states namely; Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Chandigarh, UT of The Dadra Nagar Haveli and Daman and Diu, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, UT of Ladakh, UT of Lakshadweep, Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Tripura and Uttarakhand.
केंद्र सरकार की छात्रवृत्ति योजनाओं के समान, राज्य सरकारें भी उन छात्रों के लिए छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान करती हैं जो उस संबंधित राज्य के मूल निवासी हैं। भले ही कई राज्य सरकारें छात्रों को अपने स्वयं के छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल से धन की पेशकश करती हैं, कुछ राष्ट्रीय छात्रवृत्ति पोर्टल के माध्यम से आवेदन आमंत्रित करना पसंद करते हैं।
वर्तमान में, NSP में असम, अरुणाचल प्रदेश, अंडमान और निकोबार, चंडीगढ़, दादरा नगर हवेली के केंद्र शासित प्रदेश और दमन और दीव, गोवा, हिमाचल प्रदेश, जम्मू कश्मीर, लद्दाख के केंद्रशासित प्रदेश, लक्षद्वीप के केंद्र शासित प्रदेश की 15 विभिन्न राज्यों की राज्य योजनाएं शामिल हैं। , मेघालय, पुडुचेरी, त्रिपुरा और उत्तराखंड।
How to Apply at National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2022-23?
To avail of various scholarships and help students apply for them; one needs to register on NSP. Students must know how to apply through the scholarship portal.
However, before applying for a scholarship; the students need to make sure that their current educational institution is registered on the portal. If the institution not registered on the portal; the student would not be able to apply for any scholarship. The portal also has the provision for the; institutions to register themselves, if not already registered.
Candidates must follow the below steps to apply for an NSP scholarship through the national scholarship portal.
- Searching for the Institute
- Visit the official website of NSP.
- Click on the ‘Search for Institute‘ button.
- Fill in the required details and get the institution list.
- If the institution is not registered, the candidates can request their institutions to register on the portal
- Registering with National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- All fresh users need to visit the Home Page of the National Scholarship Portal to register.
- Click on ‘New Registration’.
- Select the desired option
- A page of Guidelines for Registration on NSP will open.
- Guidelines for Registration
- Go through the guidelines carefully.
- Click on ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Guidelines for Registration – Continue
- Fill in all required details.
- Click on ‘Register’.
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Register
- A student application ID and password sent to the registered mobile number.
- Logging in with National Scholarship Portal
- Click on the login tab.
- Enter the application ID and password received on the registered number.
- Change the Password (Mandatory Step)
- Upon successful login, the applicant will receive an OTP on their registered mobile number.
- Verify the OTP.
- The applicant directed to change the password page.
- Change the password and continue.
- Enter the Dashboard
- Once the password is changed, the student will be directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page.
- Click on ‘Application Form to start the application.
- Fill in all registration details, academic details and other necessary details.
- Click on ‘Save & Continue.
- Add contact details, and scheme details and upload necessary documents.
- Click on ‘Save as Draft’ (To confirm if you have entered the correct information)
- Once confirmed, click on the ‘Final Submit’ tab.
Note: The applications finally submitted cannot be edited again. So, the applicants advise to be double sure while clicking; on final submission as no change of information entertained after final submission.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) – Key Documents Required
While applying for any scholarship on NSP; the students required to upload certain documents to complete the application process. However, for the scholarship amount less than INR 50,000; the students not required to upload any document. They need to submit a copy of the documents to their respective schools/colleges/institute.
For all other scholarships, the students should keep the following documents ready:
- Aadhaar Card
- Bank Passbook
- Educational documents
- Domicile Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Income Certificate (as specified in the respective scholarship guidelines)
- Caste Certificate (if the candidate belongs to a special category)
- Bonafide student certificate from school/institute (if the institute/school is different from the domicile state of the applicant)
- Self-declaration certificate
- Photograph of the candidate
- Candidate’s mobile number
FAQS on NSP Scheme
What should be the income for a scholarship?
The scholarship paid only to those students whose parents’/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed; Rs. 4.5 Lakh (Rs. 6 Lakh from the academic year 2013-141* per annum, for all categories under the scheme. ragging would lead to the forfeiture of scholarships.
Can we use our parents’ bank accounts for scholarships?
For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank accounts; parents can provide their own account details. However, parents’ account numbers can only be use against scholarship applications for a maximum of two children.
Can I apply for both NSP and post-matric scholarships?
The Pre-Matric, Post Matric and Merit cum Means-based Scholarship Schemes; are online Schemes and one can apply for a fresh or renewal Scholarship under any of these Schemes on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) at www.scholarships.gov.in.
What is proof of bank account in the name of the student?
(i) Bank passbook with photograph; or (ii) Ration Card, or (iii) Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card issued by the Income Tax Department; (iv) Passport; or (v) Certificate of identity having a photo of such student issued by a; Headmaster or Principal of School under the official seal of the school.
(i) फोटो के साथ बैंक पासबुक; या (ii) राशन कार्ड, या (iii) आयकर विभाग द्वारा जारी स्थायी खाता संख्या (पैन) कार्ड; (iv) पासपोर्ट; या (v) स्कूल की आधिकारिक मुहर के तहत स्कूल के प्रधानाध्यापक या प्रधानाचार्य द्वारा जारी ऐसे छात्र की तस्वीर वाला पहचान प्रमाण पत्र। nsp scholarship scheme