NSP Portal Registration: National Scholarships Portal is a one-stop solution through which various services starting from student application, application receipt, processing, sanction and disbursal of various scholarships to Students are enabled. The National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital platform that allows applicants to search and apply for more than 50 scholarships granted by the federal and provincial governments. The Government of India provides scholarships to all those students who are not able to finance their education. nsp registration portal
NSP Portal Registration: नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल एक वन-स्टॉप समाधान है जिसके माध्यम से छात्र आवेदन, आवेदन रसीद, प्रसंस्करण, मंजूरी और छात्रों को विभिन्न छात्रवृत्ति के वितरण से शुरू होने वाली विभिन्न सेवाएं सक्षम हैं। नेशनल स्कॉलरशिप पोर्टल (NSP) एक डिजिटल प्लेटफॉर्म है जो आवेदकों को संघीय और प्रांतीय सरकारों द्वारा दी गई 50 से अधिक स्कॉलरशिप के लिए खोज और आवेदन करने की अनुमति देता है। भारत सरकार उन सभी छात्रों को छात्रवृत्ति प्रदान करती है जो अपनी शिक्षा का वित्तपोषण करने में सक्षम नहीं हैं। nsp portal registration 2019 20
National Scholarship Portal- NSP
Through the National scholarship portal, the students can apply for various scholarship schemes offered by the central and state government. This portal has been launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information technology, Government of India. Through this portal, the beneficiaries can even check their application status. If you want to get a scholarship offered by the government then you have to apply online on the National Scholarship Portal by following the procedure given by us. Fresh applications are also being accepted from 21st August 2020. The students are now not required to visit government offices in order to apply for scholarships. So they just have to go to the official website and apply for a scholarship.
How to Apply?
Students applying for scholarships for the first time (Fresh Students) need to “Register” on the portal as a fresh applicant by providing accurate and authenticated information as printed on their documents in the “Student Registration Form”.
The registration form is required to be filled out by the parents/guardians of students who are below the age of 18 years on the date of registration.
Before initiating the registration process, students / Parents/guardians are advised to keep the following documents handy:
- Educational documents of student
- Student’s Bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch
- Note: For the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account, parents can provide their own account details. However, parents’ account numbers can only be used against scholarship applications for a maximum of two children.
- Aadhaar number of the Student
- If Aadhaar is not available, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School and
- Aadhaar Enrolment ID and Scanned copy of Bank passbook
- If Institute/School is different from the domicile state of the applicant, then Bonafide student certificate from Institute / School.
Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form are given below
Date of Birth (DOB)
- Provide DOB as printed in educational certificates.
State of Domicile
- Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address.
- So students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as the “Application Id” allotted to them will be based on the domicile state. This application Id will also be used as a “Login Id” on the portal and for future references. Once allotted the student will not be allowed to change the domicile State under any circumstances.
- The student needs to provide a Bonafide Certificate in the prescribed proforma if the Students domicile state is different from the state of the Institute/School, he/she is studying.
- Scholarship schemes are divided into the following major categories described below (Students are required to select the relevant category based on the class/course in which they are studying):
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme: For students studying from Class 1st to Class 10th.
- Post – Matric Scholarship scheme/Top Class Scholarship Scheme/Merit Cum Means Scholarship Scheme: For students studying from Class 11th, 12th and above including Courses like ITI, B.SC, B. Com., B. Tech, Medical /students studying top level colleges such as IITs and IIMs/ students doing Technical and Professional courses etc. (Attach a hyperlink mentioning details of schemes of different Ministries)
Name of Student
- Provide name as printed in educational certificates. For students applying for Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme preferably provide name as printed in class 10th certificate.
- So for students provide an Aadhaar number to ensure that your name is correct on your Aadhaar card.
Provide correct and authenticated mobile number, as all the communications and One-time passwords related to portal activities will be sent as SMS on this mobile number.
- In the case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship schemes only one registration is allowed with one mobile number.
- So for the pre-matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have a mobile number, parents’ mobile numbers can be provided. Hence the parents’ mobile number can only be used for filling scholarship applications for a maximum of two children only.
- Provide the correct and authenticated email id, as all the communications and One-time passwords related to portal activities, will be sent on this email Id.
Bank account details
- Provide active bank account number and IFSC code of the bank branch of the student. The name of the bank will be automatically mentioned based on your IFSC code. If not, then write it as printed on the bank passbook.
- In the case of Post Matric, Top Class and MCM scholarship scheme one registration must be done with one bank account number. Whereas, for pre, matric scholarship scheme, where students do not have their own bank account number parent’s account number can be used. However, the parent’s account numbers can only be provided for a maximum of two children.
Select and provide the information in this field very carefully. You are required to select one of the following methods for identification details:
- Aadhaar Number: Students who have an Aadhaar number are required to provide a 12-digit Aadhaar number as printed on an Aadhaar card.
- Upon submitting the registration form, the system will match the personal identification details of the applicant with the Aadhaar records.
- Only one registration is allowed with one Aadhaar number. However, if multiple applications of a student are found in the system at a later stage, all his/her applications are liable to be rejected.
- It may be noted that your Aadhaar Number; could also be used for crediting the scholarship amount in the bank account linked* to your Aadhaar number in fast track mode.
- For all such cases, where the student does not possess Aadhaar; he is required to provide a bonafide certificate issued by his Institute/School in the prescribed proforma along-with Aadhaar enrolment number; and a scanned copy of the first page of his Bank passbook (containing the photograph of the applicant)
- Then to link your bank account with your Aadhaar number for receiving a scholarship in the same; please visit your bank branch and submit a “bank consent form for receiving DBT”. So you can check which bank is linked to your Aadhaar number on NPCI mapper here https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper or through the Aadhaar-enabled micro-ATM machine of any of these banks.
- After submitting the application; the default login id and password to log into the NSP portal will be sent to the provided mobile number. In case the password is not received, the option for forgot password on the login page shall be used.
- Students are advised to provide “Annual Family Income” as per the Income Certificate issued by a competent authority in their scholarship application.
- आवेदन जमा करने के बाद, एनएसपी पोर्टल में लॉग इन करने के लिए डिफ़ॉल्ट लॉगिन आईडी और पासवर्ड; दिए गए मोबाइल नंबर पर भेजा जाएगा। यदि पासवर्ड प्राप्त नहीं होता है, तो लॉगिन पेज पर पासवर्ड भूल जाने के विकल्प का उपयोग किया जाएगा।
- छात्रों को सलाह दी जाती है कि वे आय प्रमाण पत्र के अनुसार “वार्षिक पारिवारिक आय” प्रदान करें; एक सक्षम प्राधिकारी द्वारा उनके छात्रवृत्ति आवेदन में जारी किया गया।
FAQs on NSP Portal Registration
Is an income certificate necessary for NSP?
An income certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the State/UT Government is required (Mandatory).
How many scholarships can I apply for?
Students can expect to only be eligible for one of each kind of grant; offered by their State each academic year. While schools may limit the number of scholarships they offer to a student; there is typically no limit set on scholarships offered by outside entities.
What happens if the NSP scholarship is rejected?
Immediately contact the Nodal Officer (either Institute Nodal Officer or District / State Level Nodal Officer) where; your application is lying for verification and request him to mark your application as DEFECTIVE.
What is the benefit of NSP?
Also, this initiative aims at providing a Simplified, Mission-oriented; Accountable, Responsive & Transparent ‘SMART’ System for faster & effective disposal of Scholarships; applications and delivery of funds directly into beneficiaries’ accounts without any leakages.
Is NSP for OBC students?
Mainly, there are 6 types of OBC scholarships awarded; to students: National Fellowship for OBC, Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas; ONGC Scholarships, Pre-matric & Post-matric OBC scholarships and Merit Scholarships for OBC
Is NSP for a general category?
They must have passed higher secondary/matriculation from a recognised board. So the students must not hold any other scholarship. Therefore general category students pursuing studies at the post-matriculation level can apply. Their annual family income should be less than INR 1 lakh. nsp portal institute registration